Thread poster: Enza Longo
Enza Longo
Enza Longo  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:24
French to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2009

This problem may have been addressed beforehand but I couldn't find it in any of the forum topics.
To give you an example, I was searching for "UB" and "CR" (French to English) separately and together. I tried searching every which way and checked every available option - checked 'whole words only', 'match exact phrase' and every combination imaginable to no avail. I finally did a Google search where it led me to an entry in KudoZ as 'No. d'UB/de CR' which was exactly what I was looking fo
... See more
This problem may have been addressed beforehand but I couldn't find it in any of the forum topics.
To give you an example, I was searching for "UB" and "CR" (French to English) separately and together. I tried searching every which way and checked every available option - checked 'whole words only', 'match exact phrase' and every combination imaginable to no avail. I finally did a Google search where it led me to an entry in KudoZ as 'No. d'UB/de CR' which was exactly what I was looking for.
Why didn't my ProZ.com search bring them up? Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? This has happened on many occasions.
Many thanks in advance!
Collapse

James McVay
James McVay  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:24
Russian to English
+ ...
I never bother with the ProZ search engine Feb 13, 2009

I find that it isn't worth the time it takes. To search the ProZ site, I use Google and include "proz" in my query. Google will find any occurrence of a term on the site, whether it has been entered into a glossary or not.

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:24
Spanish to English
+ ...
The engine only works on searches 3 characters up Feb 13, 2009

Two characters call up too many fuzzy matches -- at least that's what I've heard.

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Near future improvements Feb 17, 2009

Hello all,

Thank you for bringing these issues into our attention. We will take into account your reported experience with the ProZ.com term search tool to work on its improvement in the near future.

Any suggestion will be welcomed!

Kind regards,

Lucia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem with Kudoz glossary searches

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »