sercominter
Spain
Local time: 12:22
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Aug 6, 2003

Dear all,
I have often problems to conect when I try to answer a Kudoz question. The Kudoz window of the question remain empty. Has somme of you also this problem?

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:22
SITE FOUNDER
Could you explain in more detail? Aug 6, 2003

Juan Kriete wrote:

Dear all,
I have often problems to conect when I try to answer a Kudoz question. The Kudoz window of the question remain empty. Has somme of you also this problem?

Are you using KudoZ.net (downloadable tool) or KudoZ (browsing online)? If online, which page are you trying to access (please give a link.) What do you think you should see, and what do you actually see (specific message or image.)

Thanks, Juan!

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Similar intermittent glitch on Mac Aug 6, 2003

Juan Kriete wrote:

Dear all,

Hi Juan

I've experienced a similar problem in *posting* my answers from my eMac (OS 9.2 US, IE 5.5 US or whatever it is the latest version, updated about 4 wks ago).

Often (not always) after clicking on Submit answer the window goes blank and IE frezes. When I relaunch it and check the relevant question, the answer has not been posted. If it matters traffic-wise, usually I'm on the Mac at night time (after 10.00 pm, GMT time).

What system are you on? May it be an OS-related bug?

Thanks for any hint

ADDENDUM: Henry asked (and Muja's duly answering:

"Are you using KudoZ.net (downloadable tool) or KudoZ (browsing online)?"
Of course I refer to the online webpages (as KudoZ.net is not mac-friendly)

"If online, which page are you trying to access (please give a link.)"
As I said, it's a rather intermittent bug: the same night, the same connection, one answer goes thru and the following hangs, or the other way round. Sorry, I don't remember any specific issue to provide a link for.

"What do you think you should see, and what do you actually see (specific message or image.)"
I'd expect to see the original question with my answer added to the bottom of the page. There is no error message, just a blank/empty browser page. Personally, I think it has something to do with refreshing the view on my machine after submitting a form, but I'm no techie at all. BTW, the bug is Kudoz-specific: I have never noticed anything like this when posting to a forum or to other web sites.
Thanks again

[Edited at 2003-08-06 10:37]

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 07:22
SITE FOUNDER
New or old KudoZ design? Aug 6, 2003

Which are you using - the new or the old KudoZ design?

sercominter
Spain
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using Kudoz (browsing online) Aug 6, 2003

Henry wrote:

Juan Kriete wrote:

Dear all,

Are you using KudoZ.net (downloadable tool) or KudoZ (browsing online)? If online, which page are you trying to access (please give a link.) What do you think you should see, and what do you actually see (specific message or image.)

Thanks, Juan!

I am using Kudoz browsing online and I tried, for example to aswer to Hersteller (DE->FR)or Upgrade (EN->ES)and it was not possible, a blank page appears.

Valentina Pecchiar  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
KudoZ: old design Aug 6, 2003

Henry wrote:

sercominter
Spain
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
New Proz design Aug 7, 2003

Muja wrote:

Henry wrote:

This was using the new design of Proz. I did not even try with the old one.

sercominter
Spain
Member (2002)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using new Kudoz design Aug 22, 2003

It is still the same. I can not answer to the questions abou Anlagebau, Spezialtiefbau and Rohrsanierung (All German - French) because I get a blank window.
Juan Kriete wrote:

Muja wrote:

Henry wrote:

This was using the new design of Proz. I did not even try with the old one.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ: sometimes my answers are not accepted and a blank page appears

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search