Thread poster: HRiley
HRiley
HRiley  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 11, 2003

Hi
I hope this question hasn't come up before (I did a search but couldn't find any info...)

Around two days ago something very odd happened when I opend up Kudoz.net and downloaded the latest list of questions.

Under the "Give term help" tab, in the left-hand "Terms for translation pane", the text has become "invisible". If I scroll down this list, the application behaves as though the text were visible, displaying the relevant terms and suggested translations in
... See more
Hi
I hope this question hasn't come up before (I did a search but couldn't find any info...)

Around two days ago something very odd happened when I opend up Kudoz.net and downloaded the latest list of questions.

Under the "Give term help" tab, in the left-hand "Terms for translation pane", the text has become "invisible". If I scroll down this list, the application behaves as though the text were visible, displaying the relevant terms and suggested translations in the right-hand fields. And once an answer has been graded, then the grade appears in the left-hand pane, but not the term. It's almost as though the list of terms is written in white against a white background.

I have not deliberately changed any settings, installed or uninstalled anything on my computer lately, nor have I had this problem before. Under the Settings tab, I've tried resetting the dialogue box size, but it makes no difference, and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Kudoz.net, but to no avail.

Can anyone think what the cause might be? I hope it's not something glaringly obvious...
Collapse

DE-EN-xl8
DE-EN-xl8
German to English
Same problem + screenshot Sep 13, 2003

I have the same problem too! I can send a screenshot if needed.

Regards
Mark

hcbruns
hcbruns
English to German
Operating system? Sep 13, 2003

Hi,

thanks for the bug reports. The behavior of KudoZ.NET is strange, indeed. Unfortunately, I have not explanation, yet.

Which Windows version are you running?

Best regards
Hermann

HRiley
HRiley  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Running Windows XP Sep 14, 2003

It's interesting to hear that someone else has had the same problem. I'm running Windows XP, and have been since I first installed Kudoz.net (which worked fine for the first 5 months)...

[Edited at 2003-09-14 10:07]

DE-EN-xl8
DE-EN-xl8
German to English
Operating system... Sep 14, 2003

I'm using XP too. But in my case, Kudoz.Net has had this display problem since installation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Invisible" text in Kudoz.net window

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »