KudoZ links not showing as HTML in notifications
Thread poster: Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.
Terry Thatcher Waltz, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:12
Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 16, 2003

Hi all,
Recently in about a third of the notifications I get about agrees or disagrees on my KudoZ answers, the links don't come out as links -- they're just text. I can cut and paste them into the address window on the browser, but I can't click on them to go to the question. Lots of times I'll get other notifications in the same batch of e-mail in which the links work fine....what gives?

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:12
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Possible explanation (actually it's only a guess) Sep 16, 2003

Terry L. Thatcher, Ph.D. wrote:

Hi all,
Recently in about a third of the notifications I get about agrees or disagrees on my KudoZ answers, the links don't come out as links -- they're just text. I can cut and paste them into the address window on the browser, but I can't click on them to go to the question. Lots of times I'll get other notifications in the same batch of e-mail in which the links work fine....what gives?

Hi Terry,
it may be caused (just guessting) by the version of the software used to post the question. I suspect that the old version works well and the new version (still in beta) is not yet entirely refined in some details.

Perhaps you could observe a message of each type, and try to find at least one revealing difference, to identify the message origin.

Gianfranco

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 03:12
Dutch to English
+ ...
Noticed it too Sep 16, 2003

Yes, I have noticed this too and it has stopped me sometimes from checking these web sites because it is too cumbersome.

Andrea Ali
Andrea Ali  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:12
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It happened to me Sep 16, 2003

as well, but it seems to be OK now!

Regards,
Andrea

Zhoudan
Zhoudan  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:12
English to Chinese
+ ...
Unicode Sep 17, 2003

Terry L. Thatcher, Ph.D. wrote:

Hi all,

I noticed this several weeks ago. When you post a Kudos question in Unicode, you will get answers with links that you cannot access simply by clicking. If you post in GB2312 or Big 5, the anwer links are just okay.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

KudoZ links not showing as HTML in notifications

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »