How can I see all the global Kudoz leaders of all the languages?
Thread poster: Michael Hesselnberg (X)

Michael Hesselnberg (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:27
French to German
+ ...
Aug 9, 2009

Since a couple of months I can see only the Kudoz ranking of my working languages but no more the global ranking.

Thanks in adavance

Michael

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-08-10 09:21 GMT]

Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:27
English to Japanese
+ ...
Was there a feature like that? Aug 9, 2009

I didn't know that there was a feature like that, but I would also be interested in seeing all the KudoZ leaders in all languages as Michael wrote.

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:27
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Strange Aug 9, 2009

You can see 5 overall leaders on the frontpage but there is no way to select all languages once you choose - "see more leaders".

Pity

Michael Hesselnberg (X)  Identity Verified
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
that's my purpose Aug 9, 2009

in the past it was possible

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
I was told the global rankings are no longer visible Aug 9, 2009

Michael Hesselnberg wrote:

Since a couple of months I can see only the Kudoz ranking of my working languages but no more the global ranking.

Thanks in adavance

Michael

I submitted a support request some time ago and was told the overall 'leaders' are no longer visible. As that does seem to be the case, perhaps it's time to remove the global leaders from the home page too because only the top few are visible anyway. If we can't see where others are too, there isn't much interest or point in seeing the 'leaders'.

Carmen Cuervo-Arango  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hi, Yasutomo Aug 10, 2009

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

I didn't know that there was a feature like that, but I would also be interested in seeing all the KudoZ leaders in all languages as Michael wrote.

You can at least see the leaders in each language pair in the following link: http://www.proz.com/?sp=leaders_new (though perhaps what you want is to to see leaders in all languages at the same time)

Yasutomo Kanazawa  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:27
English to Japanese
+ ...
Hi Carmen, Aug 10, 2009

Carmen Cuervo-Arango wrote:

Yasutomo Kanazawa wrote:

You can at least see the leaders in each language pair in the following link: http://www.proz.com/?sp=leaders_new (though perhaps what you want is to to see leaders in all languages at the same time)

Thank you for the tip. I already know that feature; however, I didn't know that there was a feature long ago that you could take a look at all the KudoZ leaders in every language pair.icon_smile.gif

Alejandro Cavalitto
Local time: 08:27
SITE STAFF
The option to see KudoZ rankings for all language pairs in the KudoZ leaders page was disabled Aug 10, 2009

Hello,

The option to see KudoZ rankings for all language pairs in the KudoZ leaders page was disabled some time ago because its processing is demanding and its usefulness is limited. KudoZ statistics are meant to be provided in relation to a language pair, and a field of expertise. The general statistics box is still shown on the homepage because it is limited to the top positions and requires less resources.

Best regards,

Alejandro Cavalitto
ProZ.com Staff

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Why not get rid of the leaders box on the home page Aug 10, 2009

Alejandro Cavalitto wrote:

Hello,

The option to see KudoZ rankings for all language pairs in the KudoZ leaders page was disabled some time ago because its processing is demanding and its usefulness is limited. KudoZ statistics are meant to be provided in relation to a language pair, and a field of expertise. The general statistics box is still shown on the homepage because it is limited to the top positions and requires less resources.

Best regards,

Alejandro Cavalitto
ProZ.com Staff

Since we can only see the top 5 "leaders" for any given period, why not simply get rid of posting "leaders" on the home page. Imo, it's really no longer very interesting if we can't see how other colleagues (with less time to devote to answering questions) are also doing.

Egil Presttun  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
This is how you can view the list Aug 11, 2009

1. Log out (or use another browser in which you are not logged in).
2. Go to http://www.proz.com/?sp=leaders_new&field=10&submit=1

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search