PRAKAASH  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 08:31
Member (2007)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 10, 2009

Hi,

I asked a ques on proz.com. Mistakenly I clicked on one of the following two options

1. Wait for 24 hrs. to close ques.
2. Let peer comment decide the correct ans.

I needed to click on first option, but I clicked the second one.
Now, when I want to close the ques, it's not letting me do that (or else perhaps I don't know how to do that). Now, it gives message that it will take 70+ hrs. for it to close (I wasn't aware of this rule. Sorry for that)! I feel that answerer may feel embarrassed because of that. His answer is the best among all and is a leader as per peer comments as well.
What shall I do now to close the ques and declare him winner?

Also, all this happened after I selected that answer. Now, it's coming with that answer that 'asker has selected this answer as most helpful answer', not allowing me to do anything more.

Also, I request/suggest you hereby to place a warning after clicking any such option, that you won't be able to revert back your action after clicking here. It'll minimise the possibility of any such mistake.
Please see.

Direct link Reply with quote

P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:01
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
contact a moderator Oct 10, 2009

at the bottom of the page of your asked question are the names of the moderators of the concerning language pair.

one of them would be able to help you.

P.

Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:01
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Submit a support request Oct 11, 2009

I think moderators can only help if the question has been graded: they can ungrade it (if the person who received the KudoZ points agree). If the question has not been graded yet, staff may be able to help you (this is usually much faster on work days than on weekends). For such technical problems a support ticket is usually the best choice.
Kind regards,
Attila

Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:31
English to Tamil
+ ...
No problem Mr. Jai Shanidev Oct 11, 2009

I can afford to wait.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards,
N. Raghavan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a mistake done unintentionally

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search