No access to Kudos for the past two years!
Thread poster: surfish

surfish  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
Oct 21, 2009

I have been deprived of the access to the Kudoz in the English-Chinese language pair in the past two years for no reason. I requested the Proz staff to help me but not effect by far. Is there any one can help me there?

 

Bea Geenen  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Chinese to Dutch
+ ...
Local problem Oct 21, 2009

Hi!
As far as I'm aware, KudoZ has been blocked in China since January of this year (I was in China at the time). I believe it was blocked by the censors of the Chinese government after a 'politically sensitive question' was inadvertedly posted on KudoZ by one of the members.
For more details, please feel free to contact me privately.
Kind regards,
Bea


 

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:43
French to English
same here Oct 21, 2009

When I was in China earlier this year, I wasn't able to access Kudoz either.

 

xxxblomguib  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:43
English to Flemish
+ ...
strange Oct 21, 2009

Zong Yang Yu wrote:

I have been deprived of the access to the Kudoz in the English-Chinese language pair in the past two years for no reason. I requested the Proz staff to help me but not effect by far. Is there any one can help me there?



Only Kudoz blocked? Appears so, if not you wouldn´t be able to post this thread. In that case, it would indicate to me that the problem is local (which doesn´t surprise me)...Good luck in solving it!


 

surfish  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe Oct 23, 2009

Bea Geenen wrote:

Hi!
As far as I'm aware, KudoZ has been blocked in China since January of this year (I was in China at the time). I believe it was blocked by the censors of the Chinese government after a 'politically sensitive question' was inadvertedly posted on KudoZ by one of the members.
For more details, please feel free to contact me privately.
Kind regards,
Bea


It maybe in my case. The instant when I click on "Answer Question", the link to www.Proz.com would be lost. However, I posted no 'politically sensitive question' at all.


 

surfish  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's "Answering Question" Banned in my case Oct 23, 2009

blomguib wrote:

Zong Yang Yu wrote:

I have been deprived of the access to the Kudoz in the English-Chinese language pair in the past two years for no reason. I requested the Proz staff to help me but not effect by far. Is there any one can help me there?



Only Kudoz blocked? Appears so, if not you wouldn´t be able to post this thread. In that case, it would indicate to me that the problem is local (which doesn´t surprise me)...Good luck in solving it!


It seems I did not make it clearly in my question and you made it. Thank you, Blomguib!


 

surfish  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 18:43
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's bad for us. Oct 23, 2009

Lori Cirefice wrote:

When I was in China earlier this year, I wasn't able to access Kudoz either.


It's really really bad for the translators in China, and harmful to our working rights by doing so.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No access to Kudos for the past two years!

Advanced search






Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search