Adding more information as asker
Thread poster: Steven F Smith
Steven F Smith
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:59
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
Oct 24, 2009

I've returned to using Kudoz after a break. I'm sure it used to be the case that after posting a question, I could add more information later to the main body of the question. Now it seems I have to use the discussion section. Is that right?

S.

Direct link Reply with quote

Beatriz Ramírez de Haro  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:59
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Welcome back! Oct 24, 2009

Yes, that's it.

Dr JM Chen, PhD  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Chinese to English
+ ...
add a note to the your Kudoz answer Oct 25, 2009

Steven F Smith wrote:

I've returned to using Kudoz after a break. I'm sure it used to be the case that after posting a question, I could add more information later to the main body of the question. Now it seems I have to use the discussion section. Is that right?

S.

You can add a note to your answer. At the bottom of the answer you posted, there is such option:

"You may add a note to your explanation:

Note: If you add a note, your answer will be repositioned based on the current time

Add note"

Best wishes,

JM Chen

Steven F Smith
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
But if you're the asker... Oct 25, 2009

Dr JM Chen, PhD wrote:

Steven F Smith wrote:

S.

You can add a note to your answer. At the bottom of the answer you posted, there is such option:

"You may add a note to your explanation:

Note: If you add a note, your answer will be repositioned based on the current time

Add note"

Best wishes,

JM Chen

Yes, I know that if you answer a question you can do this, but if you are the one who asks the Kudoz question, it seems that you can't then add information to your own question, other than through the discussion area.

S.

Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:59
Spanish to English
+ ...
I don't like the current set up! Oct 25, 2009

Steven F Smith wrote:

S.

Personally, the funky little box that is available to the ASKER and the answerers is very "uncomfortable". I don't understand why the text is centered and I can't figure out a way to insert paragraph breaks, which are sometimes very helpful for making a point clearer or for separating a url. I wish they'd restore the asker's window to its former appearance.

Patricia

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Patricia is not alone Oct 25, 2009

From past forum discussions, it seems many people don't like the present setup, but it seems to have been set in stone...

Steven F Smith
United Kingdom
Member (2007)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
NFFP Oct 26, 2009

The discussion section is obviously useful for discussion, but not for monologuing!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding more information as asker

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search