Can an asker (or anyone) re-assign the KudoZ points to the right answer ? If, so, how?
Thread poster: Marcvs

Marcvs
Local time: 21:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 26, 2003

A good pal is asking me if there's any way he can mend this kind of error, and re-assign the KudoZ points to the right person.

Could you help, please?

Thanks,

Marcvs.

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 04:13
English to German
+ ...
Re-assignment of points is not possible Oct 27, 2003

...but what your "pal" should do is contact the moderator(s) for the language pair concerned (links are provided at the bottom of each question), in order to correct the glossary entry (if the incorrect answer was entered in the gloss). He/she might also consider contacting the member who provided the correct answer, pointing out the mistake.

HTH, Ralf

co.libri
France
German to French
+ ...
It's now possible, Ralf Oct 27, 2003

Ralf Lemster wrote:

...but what your "pal" should do is contact the moderator(s) for the language pair concerned (links are provided at the bottom of each question), in order to correct the glossary entry (if the incorrect answer was entered in the gloss). He/she might also consider contacting the member who provided the correct answer, pointing out the mistake.

HTH, Ralf

I did a mistake and one of the moderators, Gianfranco Manca reassigned the Kudoz points for the translator who wanted to have them.
It's called "ingrading" (I'm not sure). It's new!

Alles Gute.

Hélène.

gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:13
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
New function Ungrade Oct 27, 2003

There is a new function called "Ungrade" that allows to cancel the grading and the asker can assign the points to the correct answer.

Not many moderators have used it. I did it recently twice, after receiving specific requests from the askers who had realised to have graded incorrectly.

The asker should contact directly a moderator, and it is better to ask specifically for this function, just in case the moderator is still unaware of it.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2003-10-27 08:22]

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorry... Oct 27, 2003

...I wasn't aware of that one yet. Thanks for the info, Gianfranco.

Best regards, Ralf

Marcvs
Local time: 21:13
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Oct 27, 2003

Thanks a lot, Gianfranco, Hélène and Ralf.

My friend will contact our moderator, and surely he'll work on it.

Greetings,

Marcvs.

Gianfranco Manca wrote:

There is a new function called "Ungrade" that allows to cancel the grading and the asker can assign the points to the correct answer.

Not many moderators have used it. I did it recently twice, after receiving specific requests from the askers who had realised to have graded incorrectly.

The asker should contact directly a moderator, and it is better to ask specifically for this function, just in case the moderator is still unaware of it.

bye
Gianfranco

[Edited at 2003-10-27 08:22]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can an asker (or anyone) re-assign the KudoZ points to the right answer ? If, so, how?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search