Does number of questions cast doubts on sample translations?
Thread poster: Susanna Garcia

Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:34
Italian to English
+ ...
Jun 28, 2010

One for outsourcers really; when looking for a translator, do you look at the number of Kudoz questions asked, the degree of difficulty involved, then view the asker's sample translations and wonder if it's the asker's own work if a large number of questions has been posted? Just curious if this was another criterion in the selection process.

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 06:34
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Selection process Jun 28, 2010

I seldom outsource, but when I do I look, first of all, at the leader board for that language combination, then at the answers given to questions on that topic and finally at the winners of the translation contests. I have never looked at the questions posted...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does number of questions cast doubts on sample translations?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search