Suggestion: Label monolingual questions as 'eng' rather than 'eng>eng'
Thread poster: Tobi
Tobi
Local time: 02:55
English to German
+ ...
Jan 20, 2004

Sometimes, Kudoz leads to a little confusion since it is hard to distinguish between monolingual and bilingual questions. It already happened to me that I translated a monolingual question, and it happens to other users to from time to time. If you would change the language info from 'eng>eng' for example to 'eng' like it appears at the page you get to when clicking 'See more questions', it would be very helpful. Please think about it. Would be no big thing to improve this great service/tool.
Thanks and best regards,
Tobi

Direct link Reply with quote

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 20:55
SITE FOUNDER
Where does it appear like that? Jan 20, 2004

On which page does the language listing appear like that? Please post the URL so I can fix it.

Thanks!

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 22:55
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I don't know if Tobi thinks of this Jan 20, 2004

but when we ask monolingual questions we have to select first the language and then monolingual (the first option), otherwise it doesn't work.

Tobi
Local time: 02:55
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Henry, it appears on the main page Jan 20, 2004

Henry,
This appears at the main (home) page in the old design.

Claudia,
I am thinking about answerig Kudoz questions, not asking. Sometimes I have translated Kudoz questions, because I did not realize that these have been monolingual questions. There was an English question and I translated it since I paid no attention to the 'eng>eng' definition. This happens to other users from time to time as well.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Suggestion: Label monolingual questions as 'eng' rather than 'eng>eng'

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search