https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/17577-how_to_hide_a_kudoz_question_staff%3A_mods_and_members_with_500_pts_can_do_it_for_you.html

How to hide a Kudoz question? (Staff: 'Mods and members with 500 pts can do it for you')
Thread poster: Maria Belarra
Maria Belarra
Maria Belarra  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:14
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 20, 2004

I posted a Kudoz question (http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=616726) and immediately after discovered the language pair was wrong. I re-posted it in the right combination and added a note to my first question apologizing for my mistake and asking people to ignore it. However, I would like to hide it completely. Is that possible?
Thanks, and once again, I want to apologize to the people who may have
... See more
I posted a Kudoz question (http://www.proz.com/?sp=h&id=616726) and immediately after discovered the language pair was wrong. I re-posted it in the right combination and added a note to my first question apologizing for my mistake and asking people to ignore it. However, I would like to hide it completely. Is that possible?
Thanks, and once again, I want to apologize to the people who may have been disturbed by my wrongly posted question!

Maria
Collapse

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
I squashed it Jan 20, 2004

Every question may be hidden by moderators or members who have 500 KudoZ points (not sure if it's 500 or 100, but 'seasoned kudozers' anyway).
I squashed that question you are referring to.

Also, it is possible to change the language pair, so next time you can ask any moderator to change it for you.

HTH

Magda

Maria Belarra
Maria Belarra  Identity Verified
Spain
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hundreds of thanks Jan 20, 2004

Thanks a lot, Magda!! This does help indeed!

It's 500 Kudoz- I have just over 100 and couldn't find the way to squash it. :s

Goodnight!

rhandler
rhandler  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:14
Spanish to Portuguese
+ ...
Just click on "Hide X" , at the bottom right corner of your answer. Jan 21, 2004

Maria Belarra wrote:

Thanks a lot, Magda!! This does help indeed!

It's 500 Kudoz- I have just over 100 and couldn't find the way to squash it. :s

Goodnight!

All you have to do, regardless of how many Kudoz points you have, is to click on the "X" at the lower right corner of the rectangle of your answer. It will be hidden for everybody, except for you. I use it quite often. You should not squash the whole question!

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
She asked the question Jan 21, 2004

rhandler wrote:

All you have to do, regardless of how many Kudoz points you have, is to click on the "X" at the lower right corner of the rectangle of your answer. It will be hidden for everybody, except for you. I use it quite often. You should not squash the whole question!

Pamela Peralta
Pamela Peralta  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 19:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Question Jan 21, 2004

It used to be that any member could also correct the language pair or the field. I wonder why that is not possible anymore.
Pamela

Gerard Burns Jr.
Gerard Burns Jr.
United States
Local time: 19:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Please, explain to us our mysterious secret powers! Mar 10, 2004

rhandler wrote:

----------------------
Wow! Like many of the buttons, symbols, and color differentiations shown on ProZ, the purpose of the "Hide" button had always been a mystery to me since it appears with no explanation.
Perhaps it might be advisable to put a brief explanation of its function there- some people might hit such a button just to see what it does!
Perhaps a small explanatory message might also be sent to people who reach the requisite points to change the easy/hard classification or other things I haven't figured out yet?

Gerard Michael Burns
(Cautious about pushing mysterious buttons ever since that bad experience at 3-mile island)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to hide a Kudoz question? (Staff: 'Mods and members with 500 pts can do it for you')

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »