https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/19237-staff_new_kudoz_design_released.html

Staff: New KudoZ design 'released'
Thread poster: Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:46
SITE FOUNDER
Mar 11, 2004

The new KudoZ design--referred to as 'beta' to date--has now been made standard. It includes scores of features suggested by beta testers over the last 9 months.

It is possible to revert to the old design. However, this is discouraged, since there are certain minor incompatibilities. Eventually, the old design will be phased out, so you are encouraged to request any changes you need to adapt to the new design.

One of the things you will notice in the new design is the
... See more
The new KudoZ design--referred to as 'beta' to date--has now been made standard. It includes scores of features suggested by beta testers over the last 9 months.

It is possible to revert to the old design. However, this is discouraged, since there are certain minor incompatibilities. Eventually, the old design will be phased out, so you are encouraged to request any changes you need to adapt to the new design.

One of the things you will notice in the new design is the use of a summary box that contains a list of all translation suggestions ordered by confidence and peer reviews. In order to add to the usefulness of this summary box, please make sure to enter an appropriate confidence level, and avoid the use of expressions like 'see below' (which defeat the purpose of the summary.)

There is much more to the new design than just that. Please give it a try and let us know what you think.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 12:46
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
One glich? Mar 11, 2004

Yesterday I noticed one small problem. I had entered the term and noticed, that I had to click the 'More languages' link, because my question was monolingual. I proceeded to the end of the formula and clicked 'Send question', but the responce was: 'there is a problem...'. There was no term entered. So the system had dropped my term when looking for other languages. And after that I had to do it all again, because all was lost, explanations and fields etc.

Susana Galilea
Susana Galilea  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
suggestion Mar 11, 2004

I have been using this format for so long I forgot it was in the beta phase...thanks for the fantastic job, everyone!

I especially value being able to edit peer grades/comments and the other improvements to the Kudoz section.

One thing I have noticed when asking questions, is that the screen that appears once the question has been posted is a bit misleading. I almost posted the same question twice because of it, and I wonder if that is the reason why so many people doub
... See more
I have been using this format for so long I forgot it was in the beta phase...thanks for the fantastic job, everyone!

I especially value being able to edit peer grades/comments and the other improvements to the Kudoz section.

One thing I have noticed when asking questions, is that the screen that appears once the question has been posted is a bit misleading. I almost posted the same question twice because of it, and I wonder if that is the reason why so many people double-post their questions. Is it just me?

Glad you liked the xató de Sitges, Henry. It was wonderful meeting everyone last month

Cheers,

Susana Galilea
Accredited Translator, EUTI
[email protected]
www.accentonspanish.com

[Edited at 2004-03-11 05:26]
Collapse

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:46
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Add to your personal glossary Mar 11, 2004

Using the new Kudoz design, I seem to find a difference in entering terms in one's personal glossaries. If you are the answerer, the fields for entering the term in the Kudoz glossary and to specify your personal glossary are on the same window, but if you are the asker, from the window where you grade the answer, you can only add the term to the Kudoz glossary, not to your personal glossary. To do so, after grading you have to choose Edit glossary entry function and specify your personal glossa... See more
Using the new Kudoz design, I seem to find a difference in entering terms in one's personal glossaries. If you are the answerer, the fields for entering the term in the Kudoz glossary and to specify your personal glossary are on the same window, but if you are the asker, from the window where you grade the answer, you can only add the term to the Kudoz glossary, not to your personal glossary. To do so, after grading you have to choose Edit glossary entry function and specify your personal glossary.
Should it be like that?

thank you, Ilde
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Exactly , Heinrich Mar 11, 2004

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Yesterday I noticed one small problem. I had entered the term and noticed, that I had to click the 'More languages' link, because my question was monolingual. I proceeded to the end of the formula and clicked 'Send question', but the responce was: 'there is a problem...'. There was no term entered. So the system had dropped my term when looking for other languages. And after that I had to do it all again, because all was lost, explanations and fields etc.

I experienced the same.
I'm sure ProZ.com staff will take care of this.

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
No more clickable hyperlinks in Ask the Asker box? Mar 11, 2004

Hi Henry and all,

In contrast to the situation with peer grades, the above feature seems to have got lost for "Ask the asker" somewhere along the way - see e.g.

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/660667
- DE>EN question posted today by Anja Gräfe - http://www.proz.com/pro/45321 -

... See more
Hi Henry and all,

In contrast to the situation with peer grades, the above feature seems to have got lost for "Ask the asker" somewhere along the way - see e.g.

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/660667
- DE>EN question posted today by Anja Gräfe - http://www.proz.com/pro/45321 -

compared to

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/653246
- my own question posted on 3 March -

Or is there a difference between notes added by the asker him-/herself (clickable) and additional remarks by members other than the asker (non-clickable)? If so, I can't quite see the logic of this phenomenon.

Curiously,
Steffen

[Edited at 2004-03-11 14:13]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
The link to KudoZ rules disappeared from KudoZ pages Mar 11, 2004

And one more thing: if you revert to the old design, it would be very hard to go back to the new one: clicking on the link "Standard design" does nothing; I had to logout and to login to enter back to the new design.

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Grading guide missing? Mar 12, 2004

I graded a question yesterday and try as I might, I could not find the grading guide anywhere (i.e. when to give 1, 2, 3 or 4).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staff: New KudoZ design 'released'

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »