Susan Ruusunen
Susan Ruusunen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:15
English to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 20, 2004

Hi there,
The kudoz system has been working just fine until now. For the past 4-5 days or so I've been getting an error notice saying No questions found! when I click on the menu bar for Kudoz --Answer Questions. This happens for the English-Finnish bit of it at least.
Here's the url where it happened, if that is of any help: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ks
From the Home page I can see there a
... See more
Hi there,
The kudoz system has been working just fine until now. For the past 4-5 days or so I've been getting an error notice saying No questions found! when I click on the menu bar for Kudoz --Answer Questions. This happens for the English-Finnish bit of it at least.
Here's the url where it happened, if that is of any help: http://www.proz.com/?sp=ks
From the Home page I can see there are new questions, and from there I can also click on each one and it works just fine.
Oh, and the problem occurs in both pro and easy.
-Susan
Collapse

murat Karahan
murat Karahan  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Click on Mar 20, 2004

Hi Susan
I had the same 'problem' until I realized that there's a new feature in Kudoz search. When you first open the kudoz questions page you see only the questions that are relevant to your fields. When you click on all fields you should be able to see all questions.
HTH
Murat

Just noticed that there could be a bug, when you run a search in a specific language pair you first get to see only the questions in your specified fields and when you click on all it says
... See more
Hi Susan
I had the same 'problem' until I realized that there's a new feature in Kudoz search. When you first open the kudoz questions page you see only the questions that are relevant to your fields. When you click on all fields you should be able to see all questions.
HTH
Murat

Just noticed that there could be a bug, when you run a search in a specific language pair you first get to see only the questions in your specified fields and when you click on all it says "no questions found." It doesn't even work with zzz to English.

[Edited at 2004-03-20 12:51]
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 19:15
SITE FOUNDER
I'll change the page Mar 20, 2004

Others have also expressed dissatisfaction with the new new functionality. I will make a change.

Henry

Susan Ruusunen
Susan Ruusunen  Identity Verified
Finland
English to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for info &upcoming change Mar 21, 2004

It probably works fine when you answer several questions.. but especially with a more uncommon language combo and no desire to see questions for Chinese or Spanish (as can't speak either, sadly), the new system was somewhat cumbersome.
So thanks for the advice Murat(it sort of works, but is slow and more clicks than earlier needed),
and thanks, Henry, for changing it back /better!

-Susan

Elena Petelos
Elena Petelos  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:15
English to Greek
+ ...
Help! Mar 21, 2004

The Ask/asker does not EVEN APPEAR.
Untli yeasterday I could toggle between old and new design, I tried what you were proposing on the 15th of Novemeber for the ask asker but nothing happened. I am a new member and I am not sure why this is happening. I have lowered safety settings for proz/enabled cookies:Java etc. Nothing happens. I even tried adding bs=1#marker_submit to the question, but it throws me back to all pairs/questions. Can you help? Pleaeaeaeaease!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Kudoz claiming No questions found!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »