Broken links in KudozNet for English-German?
Thread poster: Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:35
Czech to German
+ ...
Mar 24, 2004

Hi,

"Not Found
The requested object does not exist on this server. The link you followed is either outdated, inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to let you have it."

This is all I get when clicking on "BMW" in KudozNet for English-German. Also the link to TIS seems not to be working. Have I missed something?

Apart from that this feature of proz.com is a really marvellous one!

Charlotte

Ilde Grimaldi
Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
BMW AG Wörterbuch TERMI Mar 24, 2004

Hi
I add originally suggested that link for KudozNet and it was indeed implemented. Now it does not work even from a common browser (not only from within KudozNet).
I had saved another link, automatically named "BMW AG Wörterbuch TERMI"
bl.lnc?id=662&sid=2&fst=normalHeader&timer=1073400083804
and it does not work.
Probably the glossary URL of the glossary has changed, or the glossary is not available anymore.

A question to Proz staff from me to
... See more
Hi
I add originally suggested that link for KudozNet and it was indeed implemented. Now it does not work even from a common browser (not only from within KudozNet).
and it does not work.
Probably the glossary URL of the glossary has changed, or the glossary is not available anymore.

A question to Proz staff from me too: is it possible to still suggest some URLs or differen settings for the URLS?

For example, in German>Italian, LOGOS search results do no recognize the accented characters
for example, if I search for "eingehängt" (which is actually available in LOGOS glossary), the result is "not found" as the search was for "eingeh䮧t"

ciao
Ilde
Collapse

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Czech to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Letter from BMW Mar 26, 2004

Ilde Grimaldi wrote:
and it does not work.

I just received the following mail from BMW where I had asked about the glossary:

"Auf unserer Seite www.bmw.de existiert lediglich das Techniklexikon.
Darüber hinaus finden Sie unter www.bmwgroup.com unser aktuelles Lexikon
(Alex). Weitere Nachschlagwerke existieren nicht."

This is all I could find out about this issue, sorry. The Techniklexikon is fine, though!

Charlotte

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Broken links in KudozNet for English-German?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »