Mary Stefan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:48
Member (2006)
Romanian to English
+ ...
Aug 26, 2011

Greetings all,

I truly believe that Proz is the greatest site for translators, and, even though I'm not part of the staff, I always mention it to acquaintances interested in freelancing.

Now, what is the little malicious blue thumb doing on the "Term search" page?
Marketing, or fueling the addiction to "it-who-must-not-be-named"?

Cheers,
Mary

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oh dear Aug 27, 2011

Having spent a couple of minutes of my time to investigate, I see it refers to Facebook. What a relief, as I thought I might be missing something worthwhile. Excuse my ignorance, although I confess am not even remotely interested in it.

I do have 3 Facebook accounts and it's never done me any harm AFAIK. Am more worried about writers who can't use the English apostrophe correctly...

[Edited at 2011-08-27 09:27 GMT]

Mary Stefan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:48
Member (2006)
Romanian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Just joshing Aug 27, 2011

They're both references to Facebook; and, I borrowed some terminology from "Harry Potter".

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Generation gap Aug 27, 2011

Mary Stefan wrote:

They're both references to Facebook; and, I borrowed some terminology from "Harry Potter".

To me it brought to mind Rumpole of the Bailey. He secretly calls his wife "She Who Must Be Obeyed" (SWMBO), a reference to the novel "She" by H. Rider Haggard....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Thumbelin(a)

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search