Is there any way to see only Chinese Traditional listings?
Thread poster: Tai Fu

Tai Fu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:35
Chinese to English
Mar 5, 2012

Hi

I now do translation part time but I want to get more work by answering KudoZ questions, however a vast majority of things I see on KudoZ is Chinese Simplified. Since I am brought up reading Chinese Traditional it is harder (but not impossible) for me to read Simplified characters. Is there any way to restrict KudoZ questions to Chinese Traditional in the ProZ dashboard?

Direct link Reply with quote

Alejandro Cavalitto
Local time: 14:35
SITE STAFF
There is no way to discriminate between Traditional and Simplified Chinese in ProZ.com Mar 5, 2012

Hello Tai Fu,

I'm sorry, but there is no way to discriminate between Traditional and Simplified Chinese in ProZ.com. They are treated by the system as a single language.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Owen Yang
China
Local time: 01:35
Chinese
+ ...
簡體多半是國內譯員 Mar 13, 2012

簡體的內容多數是國內譯員上傳,但裏面有不少值得關注的消息。如果有必要,可以貼到word再轉成繁體,這樣可以看個大概。當然word轉的繁體有不少問題

Tai Fu  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:35
Chinese to English
TOPIC STARTER
d Mar 13, 2012

Owen Yang wrote:

簡體的內容多數是國內譯員上傳,但裏面有不少值得關注的消息。如果有必要,可以貼到word再轉成繁體,這樣可以看個大概。當然word轉的繁體有不少問題

The problem is, some clients/agencies submit scanned documents that can't be copied and pasted. Since I type about 1 Chinese characters a minute, it would take a long time to typeset them. Also the way Mainland Chinese words thing is sometimes dramatically different than Taiwanese/HK/Singapore Chinese that simply converting the characters won't solve the problem...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there any way to see only Chinese Traditional listings?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search