Why are special KudoZ pages notified to askers and successful answerers?
Thread poster: Jack Doughty

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:27
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Jul 11, 2004

As an asker, when I am notified of a reply, the URL given takes me to the answer-grading page, where there is no possibility of dialog with answerers except by grading an answer. The “Ask the asker” box of the straight question page is not there. If the policy is to encourage people to delay grading answers, this seems to me to work in the opposite direction.

As a successful answerer, I am taken to a page showing only the question, my own answer and a box for making glossary entries. I usually like to look again at the whole question, comments on my own reply and other suggested answers before deciding what entry, if any, to make in the glossary.

In both cases, I can and do get round the problem by deleting all the URL after the question number and entering what is left, which takes me back to the normal question page, where I can communicate with askers and go on to make glossary entries from there if I choose. But why should this be necessary?

Direct link Reply with quote

Trudy Peters  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:27
German to English
+ ...
I agree with you, Jack. Jul 11, 2004

It's very annoying.

This subject was discussed a few days ago. I hope the programmers can do something about it.

Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:27
Member (2002)
English to Russian
Possible solution Jul 11, 2004

Jack, here is the notification you receive as a successful answerer. Note that there are two URLs. The second one will take you to the usual KudoZ page with all the answers and comments shown.

Points earned: 4
Glossary entry: none (you may make one & earn 10 browniz)
URL: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/759139?gloss=y&login=y
---------------------------------------------

Summary of Question and Answers

------------ Question -------------
Term: nretball
Pair: English > Russian
Asker: Viktoriya Gorobinskaya
Field: Other
Level: pro
URL: http://www.proz.com/kudoz/759139

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:27
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Jul 11, 2004

Thanks, Vladimir! I wonder why I didn't notice that myself. Anyway, I'll know what to do in future.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why are special KudoZ pages notified to askers and successful answerers?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search