United Kingdom
Local time: 17:10
Member (2007)
French to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2012

Hello everybody

This is not a complaint, but a question:

Why is it that whenever there is a job posted for Spanish into English medical translators, at least 20+ translators reply to the ad, and yet when queries are posted on the medical forum, very, very few Spanish into English translators contribute?

I enjoy contributing, and am a busy translator, but just wondered. Any comments?

Direct link Reply with quote

Catherine GUILLIAUMET  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:10
English to French
+ ...
A great contributor! Jul 18, 2012

Hi Liz,

I perfectly understand your scratching of head, as we can all appreciate the great value of your contributions to Kudoz - for instance -, mainly in the form of very interesting references, which always took you a certain amount of time for searching them. I'm speaking of the EN>FR Kudoz, which is the circle where I spend most time.

But this is not so surprising. It has always been the same situation since 1999, when I subscribed for the first time.

The helpers are not necessarily helped when it happens they need to

The Human nature ?

Have a great day
Catherine

Michele Fauble  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:10
Member (2006)
Norwegian to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2012

[Edited at 2012-07-18 22:31 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contributions from Spanish into English medical translators

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search