Questions graded automatically
Thread poster: Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 06:19
French to English
+ ...
Oct 24, 2004

Some of my questions have been graded automatically. I know it's my fault, but I've been doing a really long translation for the past couple of months and I just wanted to get to the end, and then go back and look at the problems. I knew questions did get graded automatically, but I thought I'd get a bit longer. Is there any way of changing the grades? In most cases the right answer is graded, but in one case (and probably others I haven't looked at yet), the points have gone to the person who g... See more
Some of my questions have been graded automatically. I know it's my fault, but I've been doing a really long translation for the past couple of months and I just wanted to get to the end, and then go back and look at the problems. I knew questions did get graded automatically, but I thought I'd get a bit longer. Is there any way of changing the grades? In most cases the right answer is graded, but in one case (and probably others I haven't looked at yet), the points have gone to the person who gave the first answer that came into his/her head and got some early agrees, rather than the person who gave a more thoughtful and more correct answer. What's more, a glossary entry has been made. Is there any way of rectifying the wrong grade?Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 00:19
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Yes there is a way Oct 25, 2004

Hi Timothy

First, RoboProz has been in holidays for a longtime, otherwise your questions would have been closed earlier.

The answer graded thanks to the agrees can be un-graded if you ask the person who answered to "give you back the points" or to accept that you would have prefered giving them to somebody else. Before asking for that I would really wonder whether it's worth. After all, it's not a wrong answer, it has got agrees, and you were responsible for not grading
... See more
Hi Timothy

First, RoboProz has been in holidays for a longtime, otherwise your questions would have been closed earlier.

The answer graded thanks to the agrees can be un-graded if you ask the person who answered to "give you back the points" or to accept that you would have prefered giving them to somebody else. Before asking for that I would really wonder whether it's worth. After all, it's not a wrong answer, it has got agrees, and you were responsible for not grading it.

The glossary entry can easily be changed by the moderator.

I hope this helps

Claudia

[Edited at 2004-10-25 12:56]
Collapse

margarete
margarete  Identity Verified
United States
German to English
+ ...
same problem Nov 5, 2004

Actually I have a similar problem.
A question of mine was just closed automatically, the points even went to the right person, but there is a lot of information missing.

I would like to add all this information when grading properly, so it becomes aparent right away when someone else looks at the term. The current information is incorrect and if I simply add a note no one will look in that location.

Thanks
Ariane

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi Ariane Nov 5, 2004

Add a note, it will be visible for those who will look at all the answers.
It's like when using a dictionary, we don't have to pick the first answer we see.

The glossary can be changed or have several possible translations, for this you need to contact the moderator of that pair.

And try not to forget to grade and close your questions next time in order to give the points to the answer that you consider the best one.

Claudia

Yolanda Broad
Yolanda Broad  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2000)
French to English
+ ...

Don't forget you have your own ProZ.com glossary Nov 5, 2004

The KOG (KudoZ Open Glossary) is (a very large!) part of the total glossary collection available on ProZ.com.

You can always create an entry in your own glossary: all ProZ.com glossaries are linked to the Site search system. Most ProZ.com personal glossaries simply contain source and target terms, but there is plenty of room there for adding as much information (discussion, references, examples) as you wish. This format allows you to organize your item and, of course, gives you
... See more
The KOG (KudoZ Open Glossary) is (a very large!) part of the total glossary collection available on ProZ.com.

You can always create an entry in your own glossary: all ProZ.com glossaries are linked to the Site search system. Most ProZ.com personal glossaries simply contain source and target terms, but there is plenty of room there for adding as much information (discussion, references, examples) as you wish. This format allows you to organize your item and, of course, gives your term more exposure for future searches of the ProZ.com glossaries. When you do create a full glossary entry, your glossary entry takes a value similar to the KudoZ format.

I'm always delighted when I come across a nicely documented glossary or KudoZ entry. KudoZ is at the heart of ProZ.com: terminology is our life's breath, and KudoZ, in turn, is what keeps the ProZ.com community breathing!

Yolanda Broad
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questions graded automatically

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »