Email notifications of non-asker (ask the asker) posts in Kudoz questions.
Thread poster: Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov
Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Nov 2, 2004

Hi all,

Shouldn't I be receiving email notifications of "ask the asker" posts in the Kudoz questions? I routinely get the notifications of posts by the asker, but none of posts by non-askers. And I do have the "Notify me if asker or others add more notes" ticked.

Thanks for any help.

Mikhail Kropotov
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Should this post be moved to another forum? Nov 5, 2004

After some 170 views and no replies I've come to think that the truth must be hidden behind one or more of the following:

1. No one knows about this issue.
2. No one cares about this issue.
3. The issue is particular to my account.
4. This post belongs in another forum.
5. Something has already been done to address this issue but I have not noticed any effect.

Thanks for any and all comments.

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Notifications Nov 5, 2004

To say the truth, I didn't really understand what you meant, first.
But, I have noticed the same thing yesterday so there is probably a small bug - let's see if the technical services can look into it.
Florence

Mikhail Kropotov
Germany
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oh, okay. Let me elaborate. Nov 5, 2004

Sorry for being so laconic in the first place!

Okay, the problem is like this.

As you know, there is the "Ask the asker" button that anyone may use to post notes to a Kudoz question. The asker, in turn, has an "Add a note" button, but it functions essentially the same way.

Say, I've answered a Kudoz question. I would like to get notified if someone has posted such a note to the question. As it stands now, I get notified when the asker adds a note. However,
... See more
Sorry for being so laconic in the first place!

Okay, the problem is like this.

As you know, there is the "Ask the asker" button that anyone may use to post notes to a Kudoz question. The asker, in turn, has an "Add a note" button, but it functions essentially the same way.

Say, I've answered a Kudoz question. I would like to get notified if someone has posted such a note to the question. As it stands now, I get notified when the asker adds a note. However, when other people like me (viewer & other answerers) post notes, I don't get notified.

I would like to receive these notifications because they can sometimes revive interest in an older *question*. Many good *questions* get bogged down by heaps of newer ones. Hopefully this would help alleviate the inconvenience of this situation.

*xxx* - edited

[Edited at 2004-11-05 11:20]

[Edited at 2004-11-05 11:21]
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 06:00
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hi SirReal Nov 5, 2004

I think that what you describe is the exact situation of how it has been working until now since ever or for so long that I don't remember having received notifications for questions from others than the asker.

So, I suppose that if the system was thought to work like this, your comment should go to the suggestions forum, but as it's about KudoZ it can also remain here.

I agree that it would be a useful extra feature.

Claudia

SirReaL wrote:
Shouldn't I be receiving email notifications of "ask the asker" posts in the Kudoz questions? I routinely get the notifications of posts by the asker, but none of posts by non-askers. And I do have the "Notify me if asker or others add more notes" ticked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Email notifications of non-asker (ask the asker) posts in Kudoz questions.

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »