Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Dec 1, 2004

It is possible to hide one's own answer and subsequently want to restore it, either in view of later information or because it was hidden by mistake.
I recently hid one of my own answers without realizing it and only realised it when notified that an answer had been selected. I think I hit the "Hide" button instead of the "Post responses" one (they are very close together). An "Unhide" button on the greyed-out answer visible on one's own computer would solve this problem.
Something
... See more
It is possible to hide one's own answer and subsequently want to restore it, either in view of later information or because it was hidden by mistake.
I recently hid one of my own answers without realizing it and only realised it when notified that an answer had been selected. I think I hit the "Hide" button instead of the "Post responses" one (they are very close together). An "Unhide" button on the greyed-out answer visible on one's own computer would solve this problem.
Something equivalent to "Edit/Undo" in Word for the KudoZ pages (possibly also Forums, possibly the entire site) would be even more useful.
Collapse

Maria Luisa Duarte
Maria Luisa Duarte
Spain
Local time: 17:47
English to Portuguese
+ ...
YES! Dec 1, 2004

Jack Doughty wrote:

An "Unhide" button on the greyed-out answer visible on one's own computer would solve this problem.
Something equivalent to "Edit/Undo" in Word for the KudoZ pages (possibly also Forums, possibly the entire site) would be even more useful.

I agree 100% with you Jack!

Kind Regards

MLD

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:47
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Application to moderator Dec 1, 2004

Thank you, Tayfun. I did know that, but I think it would be preferable to be able to do it myself.

gianfranco
gianfranco  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 12:47
Member (2001)
English to Italian
+ ...
Unhiding your answer hidden by mistake Dec 1, 2004

Jack Doughty wrote:
...I think it would be preferable to be able to do it myself.

Hi Jack,

I ignore if there is any specific reason for having the unhide function not available to the owner of the answer, and I'm not sure, but I vaguely remember that in the past each answerer was able to hide/unhide at will.

I can only think, as the only reason for the answers not being available to unhide, that answers with improper content, removed by a moderator, should not be available for unhiding by the answerer. We could distringuish the case above from the case of answers hidden by the answerer, and when it is a mistake or he changes his mind, he should be able to unhide them.

Anyway, I will ask and report back about this issue.

In the meantime, you can click on the link available at the bottom of each KudoZ answer and draw the attention of the moderator. The message will contain automatically a link to the question from which you call, and it makes much easier to have the answer quickly unhidden, without having to search for it.
There is a direct link in the message, that allows the moderator to jump to the KudoZ page of the call.

bye
Gianfranco

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Unhide" button for KudoZ answers

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »