How do I grade answers ?
Thread poster: Hanne Aas
Hanne Aas  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 22:24
English to Norwegian
Feb 16, 2005

I have searched the KudoZ pages, but haven't found out how I grade the answers I get to the questions I enter. Why do I for instance give an answer 3 points rather than 4 etc.? Forgive me if this information is easily available (in that case, I would be glad to learn where!).

Direct link Reply with quote

Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Hi Hanne! Feb 16, 2005

When you click the grade/decline button, yellow boxes appear beneath each of the answers given. In the middle, there is a place for your comment; to the left there is a dropdown menu for choosing the number of points you would like to give the answer chosen by you; above the dropdown menu you will see a small square with the letter 'i' (info). This is a link to the help window which reads:

===========================================================
KudoZ grading scale

When deciding how many points to award, please consider this scale as a guideline:

4: Answer was acceptable, explanation was good, reference was provided (or not needed)
3: Answer was acceptable, explanation was good, but reference was lacking
2: Answer was acceptable
1: Answer was somewhat helpful

============================================================

HTH,
Natalia

Hanne Aas  Identity Verified
Norway
English to Norwegian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for helping with the grading question! Feb 17, 2005

Hi!

Thank you so much for your answer to my question. Exactly what I wanted to know, especially the part about what each of the points mean! That really helped!

Hanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I grade answers ?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search