Total "PRO points" vs. total answers
Thread poster: Mirko Mainardi

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:58
English to Italian
May 7, 2016

Maybe this had already been asked, but it's a rather specific question, so I wasn't able to find it using the search feature.

So, the question is: if "non-PRO points" get subtracted from your total points on your profile page, why doesn't this extend to the total number of "non-PRO questions" answered?

In other words, if I have 100 answers chosen by the asker (and awarded with 4 points) and someone then decides to reclassify 99 of them as "non-PRO", why should my totals show that I answered 100 questions, getting a total 4 "PRO points"? This doesn't give off a particularly good impression, IMO...

[Edited at 2016-05-07 12:42 GMT]

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:58
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
I think only PRO figures are shown May 8, 2016

Hi Mirko,
Are you talking about the indicator on your profile page, where it says:
KudoZ activity (PRO) PRO-level points: 1943, Questions answered: 902 ?

I think the "Questions answered" figure means the number of PRO questions answered, not the total number of questions answered.
Check your KudoZ statistics page: the first table on the left should show you the Total questions answered (first number). That is probably greater than 902, right?
There is a "Percent non-PRO" and "Percent PRO" figure, check if those makes sense.
Here is a link that should show you your KudoZ statistics page (I say "should" because I cannot test it.)

http://www.proz.com/translator/1263577?popup=kudoz&mode=stats&show_nav=true

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:58
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Katalin May 8, 2016

Katalin Horváth McClure wrote:

Hi Mirko,
Are you talking about the indicator on your profile page, where it says:
KudoZ activity (PRO) PRO-level points: 1943, Questions answered: 902 ?

I think the "Questions answered" figure means the number of PRO questions answered, not the total number of questions answered.
Check your KudoZ statistics page: the first table on the left should show you the Total questions answered (first number). That is probably greater than 902, right?
There is a "Percent non-PRO" and "Percent PRO" figure, check if those makes sense.
Here is a link that should show you your KudoZ statistics page (I say "should" because I cannot test it.)

http://www.proz.com/translator/1263577?popup=kudoz&mode=stats&show_nav=true

Thank you for your reply, Katalin! You're right. I had actually looked at that stat page in the past, but I guess I completely forgot about it...

Here's what I get:
Questions answered 1052
Answers accepted 585
Acceptance rate 55.6
Percent non-PRO 13.9
Percent PRO 86
Average agrees per question 1.84
Average disagrees per question 0

Actually, the question popped up in my mind when I tried the TM-Town thing and my profile there showed:

2,310 Pro-Points | 0 Questions | 902 Answers

So I thought 902 was "PRO" + "non-PRO", just like the points (that seems to be a mistake on their part, by the way).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Total "PRO points" vs. total answers

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search