Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:21
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Feature visible only sporadically Mar 22, 2005

Hi Henry,

Based on what I recall from En-De/De-En and Fr-De KudoZ, this feature does not seem to appear consistently (i.e. in each and every KudoZ question). Could you tell me why?

MTIA,

Steffen

Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Visibility of the Reclassification Function Mar 22, 2005

I've also noticed the feature a couple of times, and it seems that it only appeared if someone had already changed the classification, e.g. from pro to easy - but I'm not at all sure about it. Is it described anywhere on this site? I admit, I haven't gotten around to looking for it yet...icon_wink.gif

langnet  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Positive Mar 22, 2005

Derek Gill Franßen wrote:

I've also noticed the feature a couple of times, and it seems that it only appeared if someone had already changed the classification, e.g. from pro to easy - but I'm not at all sure about it. Is it described anywhere on this site? I admit, I haven't gotten around to looking for it yet...icon_wink.gif

In my language pair, I'm a rather active member on KudoZ and I noticed this feature "only" the other day (therefore, my question). But then, there was a specific button for changing the classification (don't remember the exact wording). I've never noticed it before. I've just checked on some KudoZ questions I visited before in my language pair and there is no such button to vote for "easy/pro".
Henry, could this be a glitch?

Rosa Maria Duenas Rios (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:21
Reaching the 500 Mar 22, 2005

Isn't this a feature that members get access to after collecting 500 kudoz points? At least that is what happened to me. It was not there before, and all of a sudden I had the possibility to change the level of difficulty after I reached the 500s.

Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Turkish
+ ...
Before reaching the 500 Mar 22, 2005

you have a vote, hence you can suggest that the question needs to be reclassified. But having reached 500, you can change iticon_smile.gif

KNielsen
Japan
Local time: 23:21
Japanese to English
+ ...
Reclassification May 11, 2005

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the information on the site. I classified one of my questions as "easy" but two people have voted it be changed to "pro." Can I change the classification of my question? If so, how? (I realise this is a little different from most of the discussions I've seen here, which have focused on changing the classification of other askers' questions.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Voters for reclassification as pro/easy

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search