https://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/309281-can_i_search_for_my_kudoz_questions_on_a_specific_topic.html

Can I search for my Kudoz questions on a specific topic?
Thread poster: Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:14
Russian to English
+ ...
Nov 26, 2016

Is there a way I can search for my Kudoz questions on a specific topic (e.g., Statistics)? I would like to assemble them in a new personal Statistics glossary for easy access here, but my list of all the questions I've asked over the years is long and would take considerable time to wade through.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:14
German to English
+ ...
Answers yes, questions no. Nov 26, 2016

As far as I'm aware you can only search for a user's answers on a specific subject, not their questions.

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:14
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
http://www.proz.com/translator/625898?popup=kudoz&mode=asked Nov 27, 2016

Would
http://www.proz.com/translator/625898?popup=kudoz&mode=asked
be helpful?

Cheers,
Gerard

Susan Welsh
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Gerard Nov 27, 2016

Thanks, I know about that. I was trying to avoid sifting through all those questions. One would think that since questions are coded by topic, it would be possible to retrieve them by topic, but it looks like maybe not. Maybe I'll put in a support ticket and see what happens.

DLyons
DLyons  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 15:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Specify field and disc_spec_id Nov 28, 2016

Some version of the following when you're logged in
www.proz.com/index.php?field=10&disc_spec_id=89&submit=1

Can also specify lang.

Susan Welsh
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@DLyons Nov 28, 2016

That does it!
From the Home screen, go to Kudoz, then click on "See more translation questions." That gives you the form that allows you to specify your questions, the topic, languages, etc. Fill that out and click "View questions." You'll get a list of your questions for that topic. I didn't find a way to move them all into my new Statistics glossary, so I did them one by one. Right click and "open in new tab" (otherwise Firefox, at least, won't go back to the list and you have to start o
... See more
That does it!
From the Home screen, go to Kudoz, then click on "See more translation questions." That gives you the form that allows you to specify your questions, the topic, languages, etc. Fill that out and click "View questions." You'll get a list of your questions for that topic. I didn't find a way to move them all into my new Statistics glossary, so I did them one by one. Right click and "open in new tab" (otherwise Firefox, at least, won't go back to the list and you have to start over again). Then you can "save to my personal glossary." If it's already been put into a different glossary, click "already in personal glossary" and then "Edit or add info to this term." You can change the glossary there. If you did not save the term to the main Kudoz glossary, there will be no option to save it to your personal glossary, so you have to save it to the Kudoz glossary first. (That's a bit unfortunate, since in a couple of my cases, the question would be of no use for anyone else to search for in the future, but never mind.)
Thanks, Donald!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I search for my Kudoz questions on a specific topic?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »