Kirill Semenov
Kirill Semenov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 12:45
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 20, 2005

A common mistake of askers is a wrong pair - like they need English>Russian but ask thier questions in Russian>English instead. Editing the pairs takes quite a long time, so maybe it would be reasonable to give us an opportunity to "switch" the pairs by a single click instead of selecting languages in the long list of them. Just a slight improvement to kudoZ which may be very useful. Thank you in advance.

[Subject edited by
... See more
A common mistake of askers is a wrong pair - like they need English>Russian but ask thier questions in Russian>English instead. Editing the pairs takes quite a long time, so maybe it would be reasonable to give us an opportunity to "switch" the pairs by a single click instead of selecting languages in the long list of them. Just a slight improvement to kudoZ which may be very useful. Thank you in advance.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-04-20 23:56]
Collapse

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 11:45
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Seconded! Apr 20, 2005

Very good idea!

Should solve 90% of the cases

Mats

Konstantin Kisin
Konstantin Kisin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:45
Russian to English
+ ...
Great idea Apr 20, 2005

I like it.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:45
SITE FOUNDER
Good suggestion Apr 20, 2005

Makes sense, I'll do it. Thanks!

Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
German to Romanian
+ ...
yes, great idea Apr 20, 2005

most of the problems in the pair English-Romanian are similar, and could be solved with a single click. When I have a lot of work, I don't take the time to change languages, especially if the askers posts a series of questions in the wrong pair.
Would be nice to have such a feature.

Vladimir Dubisskiy
Vladimir Dubisskiy
United States
Local time: 04:45
Member (2001)
English to Russian
+ ...
however Apr 20, 2005

Probably I have missed something here, but it is very easy to "switch" languages right now.. Go to Edit question (one click), change languages, and OK (second click). And it's done.

Do you want to make it even easier?

Henry wrote:

Makes sense, I'll do it. Thanks!

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- Apr 20, 2005

Vladimir Dubisskiy wrote:

Probably I have missed something here, but it is very easy to "switch" languages right now.. Go to Edit question (one click), change languages, and OK (second click). And it's done.

Do you want to make it even easier?

Exactly, easier. In case you mistakenly post a question in the Afrikaans>Zulu pair, you could change the direction to Zulu>Afrikaans in one click, and not by "Edit question (one click), change languages (here you forgot to mention that you should choose both languages from the long dropdown lists), and OK (second click)"

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
OK, it is available Apr 20, 2005

I added such a button. Let us know if you have any problems with it. Thanks!

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Wow, Apr 21, 2005

it sure didn't take long to implement that improvement. Well done!

Now how about
http://www.proz.com/topic/24498
from last September? I haven't given up hope yet.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
Took me long enough... Apr 21, 2005

... but there it is. Thanks, Cilian!

Kirill Semenov
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Apr 21, 2005

Nice improvements, Henry -- thank you much! Very convenient!

I also noted a direct option "Edit questions for which I was awarded points" which is very good, too.

Gina W
Gina W
United States
Member (2003)
French to English
Thanks, Henry Apr 21, 2005

I appreciate this suggestion, first of all, and thank you, Henry, for adding this feature. I, myself, have had questions erroneously go in as the opposite language pair, when I was SURE that I had chosen the correct language pair...anyway, it's good now that it can be corrected, because the little comments/notes from answerers, or even emails, can be a little unnerving when I already know something that I have no control over fixing.;)

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
SITE FOUNDER
One more... Apr 21, 2005

Kirill Semenov wrote:

I also noted a direct option "Edit questions for which I was awarded points" which is very good, too.

Yes, that is one of the things I am about to announce. Another is in your profile, under the KudoZ tab. Notice the option (plat-only) to bring your points up to date (at least as far as the leaderboard is concerned). This was your suggestion.

Kirill Semenov
Ukraine
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
WOW! Apr 21, 2005

Henry wrote:
Yes, that is one of the things I am about to announce. Another is in your profile, under the KudoZ tab. Notice the option (plat-only) to bring your points up to date (at least as far as the leaderboard is concerned). This was your suggestion.

Incredible! Seems like dreams at last come true
This new page for kudoZ in profiles in incredibly nice!
This is what visibility really is about -- as you rightfully said, one of the main goal at proZ! Adding to these the recent additions to other profile settings, just announced by Patdott -- it's a breathtaking boost for the site, I believe.

I can't wait to see the new design of the leader charts...

Congratulations -- and I simply can't praise you high enough, dear Henry & Co!

Fuad Yahya
Fuad Yahya  Identity Verified
Arabic
+ ...
Can "switch pairs" be added to the top of the question list as well? Apr 23, 2005

Currently, the squash, unsquash, make pro, and make non-pro buttons are available on top of the question list. Can the "switch pairs" button be squeezed in?

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An option to switch a pair ('ok')

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »