Grading answers
Thread poster: Hossam Sabry

Hossam Sabry  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:30
Member (Feb 2018)
English to Arabic
Apr 15

A lot of us post questions on Proz.com for other colleagues to find the appropriate answers. Many translators pay due attention to grading the answers as a way of expressing thanks for others' efforts but unfortunately there are some people who ignore grading answers. Such people always leave their questions open. I found somebody leaving about 400 questions closed without grading! There should be a disciplinary action against such people. What do you think?

[Edited at 2018-04-15 07:14 GMT]


 

Morano El-Kholy  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:30
Member (2011)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Yes, I think so too..... ! Apr 15

Dear Hossam,

Hossam wrote:

Such people always leave their questions open. I found somebody leaving more than 400 questions open!


I am really astonished!

Hossam wrote:

There should be a disciplinary action against such people. What do you think?


Yes, definitely, I think so too...


 

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:30
Member
English to Italian
It shouldn't be possible... (right, staff?) Apr 15

Hossam Sabry wrote:

I found somebody leaving more than 400 questions open! There should be a disciplinary action against such people. What do you think?


This is what the KudoZ FAQ says:

"If you have ten (10) questions that have received valid answers and have been open for more than a week, you will not be allowed to ask further questions. Please grade and close these questions to continue asking." - http://www.proz.com/faq/2812#2812

BUT, here's a (very old) thread about this: http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/100261-proposal_for_open_question_limit_staff_already_exists-page2.html

Especially this post from staff: "I have investigated similar cases and found that most of the "open questions" had no answers, or all answers had been declined. The limit on open questions does not apply in these cases (no valid answers)." - http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/100261-proposal_for_open_question_limit_staff_already_exists-page2.html

At any rate, it seems rather extraordinary that someone might have "declined" and/or received no reply to 400 questions...


 

Hossam Sabry  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:30
Member (Feb 2018)
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
sorry I meant closed without grading Apr 15

Mirko Mainardi wrote:

Hossam Sabry wrote:

I found somebody leaving more than 400 questions open! There should be a disciplinary action against such people. What do you think?


This is what the KudoZ FAQ says:

"If you have ten (10) questions that have received valid answers and have been open for more than a week, you will not be allowed to ask further questions. Please grade and close these questions to continue asking." - http://www.proz.com/faq/2812#2812

BUT, here's a (very old) thread about this: http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/100261-proposal_for_open_question_limit_staff_already_exists-page2.html

Especially this post from staff: "I have investigated similar cases and found that most of the "open questions" had no answers, or all answers had been declined. The limit on open questions does not apply in these cases (no valid answers)." - http://www.proz.com/forum/kudoz/100261-proposal_for_open_question_limit_staff_already_exists-page2.html

At any rate, it seems rather extraordinary that someone might have "declined" and/or received no reply to 400 questions...



 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Grading answers

Advanced search






BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search