Thread poster: Katalin Horváth McClure

Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:41
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Oct 30

I noticed two "Glossary-building KudoZ" questions posted across many language pairs recently (angel's share and Cryptocurrency). Is it an effort to revive this mostly forgotten feature, or is it an experiment of some kind?

I noticed that while the first question (angel's share) showed Jared as the creator of the question:
This question was created by:
Jared Tabor
Argentina

However, the second one (Cryptocurrency) shows this:
This question was created by:
Glossary-building KudoZ

Just curious.

Teresa Borges

Julieta Llamazares
Local time: 12:41
SITE STAFF
GBK is being reactivated Oct 30

Dear Katalin,

Thank you for your interest!

As you have noticed, GBK is being reactivated by ProZ.com staff members. And you are right, the first question was pulled by Jared's account, but from now on all GBK questions will be pulled by Glossary-building KudoZ, which has been specifically created for this feature.

Have a nice day,
Julieta

Yolanda Broad
Rocio Palacios

Katalin Szilárd  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:41
Member (2006)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
What is the difference? Oct 31

Julieta Llamazares wrote:

but from now on all GBK questions will be pulled by Glossary-building KudoZ, which has been specifically created for this feature.

Have a nice day,
Julieta

Dear Julieta,

What is the difference between a concrete site staff with a name asking glossary terms vs. Glossary-building KudoZ?
Who or what is behind the "Glossary-building KudoZ" profile?
A Proz site staff or a company or an institute or an algorithm?

Bests,
Katalin

Edited for:

I was wondering about the above questions because in the last question (Cryptocurrency) the term was written with a capital first letter. And it should be written with a small letter: cryptocurrency.
This caused a little debate why the English term was written as Cryptocurrency and not cryptocurrency.
So I was wondering whether there is a real human logic behind the asked term questions if they are asked by "Glossary-building KudoZ" and whether context related questions concerning certain terms will be answered?

[Edited at 2019-10-31 16:35 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-10-31 17:22 GMT]

Yolanda Broad

Julieta Llamazares
Local time: 12:41
SITE STAFF
Glossary-Building KudoZ profile is run by staff members Nov 1

Hi Katalin,

I was wondering about the above questions because in the last question (Cryptocurrency) the term was written with a capital first letter. And it should be written with a small letter: cryptocurrency.
This caused a little debate why the English term was written as Cryptocurrency and not cryptocurrency.
So I was wondering whether there is a real human logic behind the asked term questions if they are asked by "Glossary-building KudoZ" and whether context related questions concerning certain terms will be answered?

Thanks for pointing that out! The initial capital letter was a mistake and has now been changed to the appropriate small letter.

What is the difference between a concrete site staff with a name asking glossary terms vs. Glossary-building KudoZ?
Who or what is behind the "Glossary-building KudoZ" profile?
A Proz site staff or a company or an institute or an algorithm?

Glossary-Building KudoZ profile is run by staff members. But rather than using any of the staff members personal account, which serve other purposes, this profile was created to keep better track of Glossary-Building KudoZ activity.

We appreciate any input or feedback.

Have a nice day,
Julieta

Andrea Capuselli
Yolanda Broad
Rocio Palacios

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rising from the ashes? - Glossary-building KudoZ

Advanced search

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search