PLEASE fix the broken New/Old ProZ.com term search interface! (Staff: "On the agenda")
Thread poster: Michael Beijer

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Jan 11

Could you guys PLEASE (!) fix the new ProZ.com term search?

I very often still can't find things using the new system that the old system can find.

As I have said many times now: either
1. get rid of one and fix/improve the remaining one, or if that's not possible,
2. create a new, Third Search UI, which actually uses the two we now have in the background, and then aggregates the results into a single search UI.

Having two, and alway
... See more
Could you guys PLEASE (!) fix the new ProZ.com term search?

I very often still can't find things using the new system that the old system can find.

As I have said many times now: either
1. get rid of one and fix/improve the remaining one, or if that's not possible,
2. create a new, Third Search UI, which actually uses the two we now have in the background, and then aggregates the results into a single search UI.

Having two, and always needing to check the other one if you can't find something is ANNOYING.

~

my latest bungled search attempt:

search for: ripgaren (Dutch>English)

https://www.proz.com/search/?es=1&restore_default_settings=1 (new: ZERO RESULTS)
https://www.proz.com/search/ (old= 1 RESULT)

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2020-01-13 15:57 GMT]
Collapse

Abdallah Saeed
Thomas Pfann
Philip Lees
Teresa Borges

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 05:23
SITE FOUNDER
It is on the agenda Jan 13

Hi Michael,

I took note of your request in the recent KudoZ thread. I understand your frustration. It is on the agenda for this year... I can't say right now which month.

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:23
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Henry, Jan 13

Henry Dotterer wrote:

Hi Michael,

I took note of your request in the recent KudoZ thread. I understand your frustration. It is on the agenda for this year... I can't say right now which month.

… much appreciated!

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PLEASE fix the broken New/Old ProZ.com term search interface! (Staff: "On the agenda")

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search