Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >
Comprehensive KudoZ update released
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Marcus Malabad
Marcus Malabad  Identity Verified
Canada
German to English
+ ...
flagging vs filtering Aug 19, 2005

Klaus Herrmann wrote:
any chance I can vote in colleagues who aren't native speakers but whose contributions I value?

Klaus, you can do that in the dashboard as well. Go to "Flag" (left side) and enter the name or Proz.com number.
m

Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:28
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Downloading Kudoz search toolbar doesn't work Aug 19, 2005

I use Mozilla Firefox, as I tried to download the Kudoz toolbar for Firefox it says "This object has been blocked." How can this be fixed?

Thanks and best regards!

Joris

Klaus Herrmann
Klaus Herrmann  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Neat, thank you. Aug 19, 2005

Marcus Malabad wrote:

Klaus Herrmann wrote:
any chance I can vote in colleagues who aren't native speakers but whose contributions I value?

Klaus, you can do that in the dashboard as well. Go to "Flag" (left side) and enter the name or Proz.com number.
m

Thank you, Marcus. So an entry in this section overrides the "restriction to native speakers" in my question? Neat, this makes it a useful feature to me. There are quite a few colleaguges who are decent about their declared native language but whose input I wouldn't want to miss.
Klaus

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 14:28
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Try simplified view if advanced view seems overwhelming Aug 19, 2005

Hi Karlo,

Thanks for your comments.

Karlo Heppner wrote:
1. The whole layout is too complicated, too many things to observe when answering questions.

Try the simplified view if you find the advanced view too complicated. Just click the [Switch to a simplified view] link at the top of any KudoZ question.

2. I cannot click on the name of an answerer and get to his profile. Annoying.

Are you referring to the point summary popups? You can link to the members profile from those popups. If others prefer a direct profile link instead of the point summaries, we may change this behavior.

3. Too many kinds of glossary searches. Confusing.
The answers I get in 3 categories. Confusing.

We have actually condensed multiple search pages into a single search. If you prefer not to search all resources at once, you can tick the checkboxes next to only those resources you wish to search. Please give the new ProZ.com term search a chance--I think you will find it meets your needs better than our previous search options.

I can´t even search only my own glossary. Annoying.

You can search only your own glossary by selecting "My Proz.com -> My Glossary" from the main menu.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Jason

Joris Bogaert
Joris Bogaert  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Dutch
+ ...
Downloading turning of browser protection and Firewall - still corrupt Aug 19, 2005

Hi,

Tried to turn of browser protection and Firewall, but still doesn't work. It says 'error download' just before starting to download.
Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Joris

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
ProZ.com term search is one-stop link to search terms at ProZ.com Aug 19, 2005

Ivana de Sousa Santos wrote:
Why can't we have only ONE link to search for vocabulary? It's too confusing for me now when I have to search for vocabulary and have got many links to go to. I think this will prevent some people from searching the glossaries before asking their questions.

Hi Ivana,

The ProZ.com term search page is the only link you need to search for terms at ProZ.com: http://www.proz.com/search

I'm sorry this wasn't clear to you.

The questions design is also too confusing. I hardly can't tell the difference between pro and non-pro questions, as well as closed and open questions.

Try using the simplified view instead. Just click the [Switch to a simplified view] link at the top of any KudoZ question.

Best regards,

Jason

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Open question restriction applies to questions over one week old Aug 19, 2005

Walter Landesman wrote:
When are these new rules coming into effect? I can still see that non-platinum members are asking questions, having more than 14 open today.

Hi Walter,

These limits are already in effect. Askers are not allowed to ask new questions when they have more than 10 questions that have been open for over 1 week.

More information about the new limits can be found in this forum topic: http://www.proz.com/topic/35335

Best regards,

Jason

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:28
French to English
Most curious < > feature Aug 19, 2005

First, thanks to Heidi for pointing out the font size solution

But in the new beta design, any text you place between < > disappears. Not exactly an earth-shattering fault, granted, but it works OK in the standard design. One or two of us are in the habit of using < > to indicate "variables" - in the case in point where I noticed it, I used it for " < country name in English > ".

Are there any other cha
... See more
First, thanks to Heidi for pointing out the font size solution

But in the new beta design, any text you place between < > disappears. Not exactly an earth-shattering fault, granted, but it works OK in the standard design. One or two of us are in the habit of using < > to indicate "variables" - in the case in point where I noticed it, I used it for " < country name in English > ".

Are there any other characters we shouldn't be using now?

Lawks! Now it's doing it here as well

[Edited at 2005-08-19 19:19]

[Edited at 2005-08-19 19:19]
Collapse

Natalia Zudaire
Natalia Zudaire  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:28
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mozilla Aug 19, 2005

Joris Bogaert wrote:

I use Mozilla Firefox, as I tried to download the Kudoz toolbar for Firefox it says "This object has been blocked." How can this be fixed?

Thanks and best regards!

Joris

I had the same problem. Just use the option "save link as" and download the xpi, then drag and drop it into the extensions box, and it works.

Natalia

[Edited at 2005-08-19 19:27]

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Restored title to KudoZ questions Aug 19, 2005

DocteurPC wrote:
Before, in the list of IE windows opened, there was the the beginning words of the question, followed by Proz....
Now, it says simply : Translation services...

Hi DocteurPC,

I have restored the term to the titlebar of the KudoZ page.

I'd love to be able to customize it to "my" search tools : GDT, yourdictionary... and save it with my preferences (if that's not asking too much).
It would save me from having 17 or 18 IE windows opened at the same time, which slows down the system.

Full platinum and community-platinum members can save their search settings in the web term search page.

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards,

Jason

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Comprehensive KudoZ update released

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »