Andy Watkinson
Andy Watkinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:25
Catalan to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2006

Hi,

Just commented on an answer and the usual "Edit/delete (your comment)" option would seem to have gone to meet its maker.

Is it me, a ProZ change or......whatever?

Cheers,
Andy

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:25
French to Spanish
+ ...
Same here. Feb 15, 2006

Just noticed it: no "Add comment" anymore. Juat japens?

María Teresa Taylor Oliver
María Teresa Taylor Oliver  Identity Verified
Panama
Local time: 08:25
Spanish to English
+ ...
Same thing here... Feb 15, 2006

Juan Jacob wrote:

Could not "add a note" to one of my answers

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Nein Feb 15, 2006

Juan Jacob wrote:

Juan,

Evidentemente tu inglés no está a la altura.

No se dice así.

Se dice "Guat japen". Es que, vamos.....

Andy

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:25
English to Spanish
Same here... Feb 15, 2006

and I just agreed with my own answer thinking I was responding to a comment!

Didn't work twice tough... I tried to give myself a disagree to balance things out but nothing happened.

Juan Jacob
Juan Jacob  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:25
French to Spanish
+ ...
uat duyu min bai dad, andi? Feb 15, 2006

mai inglish is perfectli rait, and nau ai can agrí/disagrí/nutralaise mai oun anser. veri streinj sings indid are goin alrededor. uid beder uach aut uat iur tokin de quoi 2 mi.
som caind of insecto, yo adivino.

A Hayes (X)
A Hayes (X)
Australia
Local time: 23:25
ditto Feb 15, 2006

Rossana Triaca wrote:

same here!

Ford Prefect
Ford Prefect  Identity Verified
Burkina Faso
Local time: 13:25
German to English
+ ...
Strange... Feb 15, 2006

I can't respond to peer comments

I can't add a note to my answers

I can't add a note to questions I asked

I can't withdraw answers

Other answerers HAVE been able to respond to peer comments

But I CAN agree (or disagree I suppose) with my own answers!

[Edited at 2006-02-15 07:23]

Tony M
Tony M
France
French to English
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
The ProZ.com thought police are at work again! Feb 15, 2006

It's been done on purpose! If you check out the FAQs, we are patronizingly being told this is "to stop threads drifting off..." or words to that effect!

I for one think this is an outrage; what harm does it do, and taking away the right to reply, modify, delete peer comments is counter-productive. OK, sometimes a minor exchange continues for a while, but so what? --- it's no big deal, and buried in the peer comments, doesn't have a disastrous effect on glossary entries or anything.
... See more
It's been done on purpose! If you check out the FAQs, we are patronizingly being told this is "to stop threads drifting off..." or words to that effect!

I for one think this is an outrage; what harm does it do, and taking away the right to reply, modify, delete peer comments is counter-productive. OK, sometimes a minor exchange continues for a while, but so what? --- it's no big deal, and buried in the peer comments, doesn't have a disastrous effect on glossary entries or anything. But sometimes it's important to be able to retract, apologize, clarify...

No, this is just one more unwelcome example of ProZ management trying to 'legislate' against every tiny detail of the way KudoZ runs --- and yet IMO there are far more serious issues that should be attacked as a priority.

This is one VERY UNHAPPY Platinum member!

If others feel as strongly about this as I do, why don't we all join forces to lobby against this new move?

And while they're at it, maybe the 'powers-that-be' might like to address that newly-introduced bug that let's you 'agree' with your own ansewrs!

[Edited at 2006-02-15 10:18]
Collapse

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 16:25
English to Greek
+ ...
Ditto Feb 15, 2006

Same here... it's so frustrating.

I have sent a notification to support, and I suggest you do the same. Maybe this will help solve the problem sooner.

Patience fellow Prozians... all good things come to those who are patient

Have a great and productive day,
Nadia

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
It could be funny... but, it ain't Feb 15, 2006

Rossana Triaca wrote:

Didn't work twice tough... I tried to give myself a disagree to balance things out but nothing happened.

That makes three of us to this moment

Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi
Greece
English to Greek
+ ...
A tad unfair Feb 15, 2006

Dusty wrote:

I for one think this is an outrage; what harm does it do, and taking away the right to reply, modify, delete peer comments is counter-productive. OK, sometimes a minor exchange continues for a while, but so what? --- it's no big deal, and buried in the peer comments, doesn't have a disastrous effect on glossary entries or anything. But sometimes it's important to be able to retract, apologize, clarify...

No, this is just one more unwelcome example of ProZ management trying to 'legislate' against every tiny detail of the way KudoZ runs --- and yet IMO there are far more serious issues that should be attacked as a priority.

This is one VERY UNHAPPY Platinum member!

If others feel as strongly about this as I do, why don't we all join forces to lobby against this new move?

And while they're at it, maybe the 'powers-that-be' might like to address that newly-introduced bug that let's you 'agree' with your own ansewrs!

[Edited at 2006-02-15 10:18]

I think that you are going ballistic over nothing Dusty, it is certainly a glitch that will soon be rectified. I think you are being a tad unfair. Everyone tries to do their best, and sometimes it has been necessary to "police" us, as we tend to go overboard.

Have a great day,
Nadia

Andy Watkinson
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
FAQs Feb 15, 2006

"8. ANSWERING: I entered a peer comment and want to respond to the reply I got. Can I?

No. To prevent KudoZ threads from running off on a tangent, multiple exchanges are not allowed around each answer. A peer may comment and the answerer may respond--but the exchange ends there.

Make sure to make your point clearly and concisely; you get only one chance."

I suspect that if this idea is maintained, it won't be the only things that "ends there".

Ana Brause
Ana Brause  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
I wonder.. Feb 15, 2006

if this is happening to someone else too. ???? When I try to enter a term in my glossary, well, my glossaries aren't there.. someone elses glossaries under the name of "Stuff" and "Pointless" appear there as a choice.. bwahhh I want my glossaries back.. I'll probably ask for support.
Thing is that I was wondering if someone has or had the same problem. Reminds me a bit of the "Gremlins" movie...
See more
if this is happening to someone else too. ???? When I try to enter a term in my glossary, well, my glossaries aren't there.. someone elses glossaries under the name of "Stuff" and "Pointless" appear there as a choice.. bwahhh I want my glossaries back.. I'll probably ask for support.
Thing is that I was wondering if someone has or had the same problem. Reminds me a bit of the "Gremlins" movie
Cheers, Ana
Collapse

Zeinab Asfour
Zeinab Asfour  Identity Verified
Jordan
Member (2005)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Happened to me as well! Feb 15, 2006

I agreed with my own answer as well, I thought I was thanking a member, who had agreed with my answer!

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to edit/delete KudoZ comments

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »