Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:17
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Apr 20, 2006

Dear members,

As part of the April release we have implemented several changes in the KudoZ system, including:

- As was announced in mid February in http://www.proz.com/topic/42731 the old KudoZ designs will be discontinued after this release

- When placing the mouse on an asker’s name it is now possible to click on the links (e.g. click on the open questions link
... See more
Dear members,

As part of the April release we have implemented several changes in the KudoZ system, including:

- As was announced in mid February in http://www.proz.com/topic/42731 the old KudoZ designs will be discontinued after this release

- When placing the mouse on an asker’s name it is now possible to click on the links (e.g. click on the open questions link to see the asker’s open questions). This did not work properly before.

- The "Hide answer" button and related “Reason” field were placed farther away from the peer comments "Post" button. The proximity of these buttons used to produce operation errors.

- Private KudoZ questions will not be computed against the daily and weekly limits.

- A second-level limit was created on the amount of questions that can be posted per week, on top of the current daily ones. These new limits were set at 60 questions per week for members and 20 questions per week for non-member registered users.

- It will be no longer possible to decline a KudoZ answer. The corresponding “decline this answer” button has been accordingly deleted .

- A new feature has been added to allow the asker to post a note on an answer. This message will be sent to the answerer and will be visible to all.

Please feel free to post your feedback in this thread.

Once again thanks to you, our members, for making these improvements possible.

Regards,
Enrique
Collapse

Endre Both
Endre Both  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 17:17
English to German
Great Apr 20, 2006

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:
- Private KudoZ questions will not be computed against the daily and weekly limits.

- A second-level limit was created on the amount of questions that can be posted per week, on top of the current daily ones.

I agree with this second level of limits, and I'm glad that private questions are exempted. Private questions, which are addressed to a closed set of recipients networking together on the same project, are obviously totally different from public KudoZ questions, and the problems that the KudoZ limits address do not normally arise in these closed groups.

Endre

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Thank you! Apr 21, 2006

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

- When placing the mouse on an asker’s name it is now possible to click on the links (e.g. click on the open questions link to see the asker’s open questions). This did not work properly before.

Thank you, that's great! I missed that feature.

- It will be no longer possible to decline a KudoZ answer. The corresponding “decline this answer” button has been accordingly deleted .

Good job. The comment "This answer has been declined ..." used to appear three times (in different colours), which was completely redundant. I mentioned this problem a few times and finally my prayers have been answered

- A new feature has been added to allow the asker to post a note on an answer. This message will be sent to the answerer and will be visible to all.

This is a very useful feature, however, there have been some problems with it. The notes were posted but the answerer didn't actually receive them (didn't get the e-mail notification). Hope this is working properly now.

Thank you!

Joanna

[Edited at 2006-04-21 12:48]

Joanna Borowska
Joanna Borowska  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Truncating links Apr 21, 2006

Wow, I just noticed you also truncated links in the answeres selected by the Asker! Although truncating was introduced some time ago, once a question was closed, the links in the chosen answer became long again. And now, finally, everything is back to normal. No more horizontal scrolling!

Way to go!

J.

GILLES MEUNIER
GILLES MEUNIER  Identity Verified
France
English to French
old design Apr 24, 2006

I don't find the new design convenient. The old design was simpler because you had to tick and it was faster. Now, it takes too long to select all the options....

Mats Wiman
Mats Wiman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Member (2000)
German to Swedish
+ ...
In memoriam
Seconded! Apr 24, 2006

I fully agree with Gilles.

Options would be OK if you could personalise them, i.e. do away with options irrelevant for you.

Mats

Jane Luther
Jane Luther
Germany
German to English
design Apr 24, 2006

I must have been using the old KudoZ design until yesterday, as today everything looks different. I have to say that I found the old look much easier to read than the new. What a shame I can no longer use the old design!

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:17
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Closed question still accepts answers - bug??? Apr 24, 2006

I am not sure whether this is related to the new design (which I also find hard to read, I found the old design much better), but it seems possible to answer a question that already had been closed without grading (Reason: errant question) is this normal?
See the particular question here:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1322543

Also, would it be possible to make the comment "Th
... See more
I am not sure whether this is related to the new design (which I also find hard to read, I found the old design much better), but it seems possible to answer a question that already had been closed without grading (Reason: errant question) is this normal?
See the particular question here:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1322543

Also, would it be possible to make the comment "This question was closed without grading" more prominent, for example bold font and perhaps aligned to the center?
It is hard to notice as it is now.
Collapse

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I'm missing an option Apr 24, 2006

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

This is great, in case you want to comment on a single answer, the problem is that it has replaced the option we had to add more context or more details for all the answers or when there's no answer yet (I'm in the asker's situation).

It's absolutely impossible to make a global comment.

Claudia

ntaylor (X)
ntaylor (X)
Local time: 09:17
English to French
+ ...
Improvements on Kudoz Apr 25, 2006

Hi,

I have looked around in the headings and I don't to whom to address this e-mail. Although I appreciate the efforts put in the improvements for Kudoz. I found actually harder to read the answers etc. As far as the layout I thought the previous one was easier to look out. Same font and all. Also I can't find the points attributed.

Thanks,
Nadine

members and 20 questions per week for non-member
... See more
Hi,

I have looked around in the headings and I don't to whom to address this e-mail. Although I appreciate the efforts put in the improvements for Kudoz. I found actually harder to read the answers etc. As far as the layout I thought the previous one was easier to look out. Same font and all. Also I can't find the points attributed.

Thanks,
Nadine

members and 20 questions per week for non-member registered users.

Please feel free to post your feedback in this thread.

Once again thanks to you, our members, for making these improvements possible.

Regards,
Enrique [/quote]
Collapse

Michael Moskowitz
Michael Moskowitz  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Russian to English
+ ...
This will take some time to get used to Apr 25, 2006

The old look (which I used until yesterday) was indeed much easier to use.
And what is the purpose of the "I think this is a good question" button?

[Edited at 2006-04-25 21:01]

Ali Beikian
Ali Beikian  Identity Verified
Iran
Local time: 18:47
Member (2006)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Self Kudoz Awarding Apr 26, 2006

I like the new design, but if only you could add a feature to the new design to prevent " Self Kudoz Awarding".

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
I beg your pardon? Apr 26, 2006

What do you mean, Ali? Are you able to award KudoZ to yourself?

Can you explain to what you refer, please?

Thanks

Claudia

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 09:17
Dutch to English
+ ...
Harder to read Apr 26, 2006

Jane Luther wrote:

I must have been using the old KudoZ design until yesterday, as today everything looks different. I have to say that I found the old look much easier to read than the new. What a shame I can no longer use the old design!

I agree with Jane. I find the new design harder to read. It might help if the anwers were spaced farther apart and/or if each question had a border around it.

One thing I really like: "Back to KudoZ questions" is back at the top!

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
I'd like an option to return to the so-called V3 format Apr 28, 2006

I thought only the oldest format was being retired. Why not leave the more recent V3 format. imho, it was much better than the current 'improvement'. I also only changed when the change was suddenly no longer an option. Am a very firm believer in 'if it's not broken, don't fix it'. Too many good things have been fixed recently and not all can be labelled as 'improvements'. I hope we can hang on to the 'old' profile page if we want to.

[Edited at 2006-04-28 09:57]

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Release announcement: Improvements in the KudoZ system

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »