Can a KudoZ already awarded to somebody be taken back and be given/assigned to somebody else?
Thread poster: savaria (X)
savaria (X)
savaria (X)
Hungary
Local time: 18:36
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Aug 5, 2006

Can a KudoZ already awarded to somebody be taken back and be given/assigned to somebody else?

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:36
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Yes Aug 5, 2006

The Asker can ask the moderator to ungrade (re-open) the question and then select another answer.

You should contact the moderator if you want to ungrade a question.

HTH,
Magda

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:36
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
And Aug 5, 2006

this can be done only once asker and chosen answerer have agreed in doing so.

Claudia

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Important point Aug 5, 2006

Claudia Iglesias wrote:

this can be done only once asker and chosen answerer have agreed in doing so.

Claudia

I once answered a question and it turned out that Asker wanted to pick my answer (was legal, I had peer agrees etc.) and accidently clicked on the other answer-which had no agrees and which was completely wrong. She mailed me immediately afterwards and told me what happened, so I said, no prob. Just contact a Moderator. She did-and the Moderator contacted the Answerer of the question chosen by a mistaken mouse-click and he quite simply refused to give up the points!! So the glossary was corrected, which is the most important aspect of any question/answer, but Monsieur decided to hang on to his bogus Kudoz points. So be prepared for this to happen. Fortunately others don't have to pay the price, since these errors don't have to be passed on to the glossary. Mods can help there without a 'nod' from Answerer. And of course most people on the site will always agree to Asker's request without hesitation. It's just the points-hungry fanatics who will resist.

Graciela Guzman
Graciela Guzman  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same Aug 6, 2006

Hi, Writeaway,
The same happened to me and I dind't know how to change it, so in the end I gave an agree to an answer I didn't consider the best.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »