Thread poster: Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento
Teresa Bento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Sep 14, 2006

I really don't know what's wrong with my KudoZ questions list. I can only get to see questions from the 8th of September. I have already asked two more questions from that date on, and I can't seem to find them, unless I use the link that was sent to me by e-mail. I haven't touched the KudoZ definitions and the current settings allow me to access KudoZ questions related to Art/Literary - Cinema, Film, TV, Drama.
I'm not really sure if this problem is just mine (maybe there's something wro
... See more
I really don't know what's wrong with my KudoZ questions list. I can only get to see questions from the 8th of September. I have already asked two more questions from that date on, and I can't seem to find them, unless I use the link that was sent to me by e-mail. I haven't touched the KudoZ definitions and the current settings allow me to access KudoZ questions related to Art/Literary - Cinema, Film, TV, Drama.
I'm not really sure if this problem is just mine (maybe there's something wrong with my settings). The thing is, people keep on helping me, which means they are able to see my questions. Rather strange, isn't it?
I'd appreciate some help. Thanks a lot!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:26
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Teresa Sep 14, 2006

Most probably you have set some filter while trying to perform a search.

Please go to the page with the general list of KudoZ questions (KudoZ > Answer questions) and take a look at the settings in the upper part of the window. There MUST be something there. Please make sure to delete any keywords in the "Term (optional):" box, choose "All fields", 'All categories', 'All questions' etc.

HTH,
Natalia

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 21:26
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

If all else fails... submit a support ticket Sep 14, 2006

Natalia's suggestions are great; but if for some reason they don't work, you'll have to submit a support ticket.

All the best,
Nancy

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:26
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
I'm having similar problems Sep 14, 2006

I've done what the two moderators have suggested, but for about a month, I periodically don't get alerts or sometimes I get an alert, but I can't see the question on the web site.

I first noticed this when I was having some e-mail delivery problems, so I blamed it on my server or Internet provider. But now, those problems seem to be fixed.

For example, right now there are two questions that I can see on the web site, but I haven't gotten alerts for them (they were po
... See more
I've done what the two moderators have suggested, but for about a month, I periodically don't get alerts or sometimes I get an alert, but I can't see the question on the web site.

I first noticed this when I was having some e-mail delivery problems, so I blamed it on my server or Internet provider. But now, those problems seem to be fixed.

For example, right now there are two questions that I can see on the web site, but I haven't gotten alerts for them (they were posted a while ago).

I have set the dashboard so that the only filter is for offensive questions, and I've set the viewing options on the web page itself for the same thing. In short, I should be getting ALL Spanish-into-English questions unless they are offensive. But I'm definitely not.

A week ago, I put in a support ticket and it was reassigned to one Justin, but I've heard nothing further ...
Collapse

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 22:26
Portuguese to English
+ ...
My question doesn't show up on the site Sep 14, 2006

Today I posted a question. I got an e-mail reply confirming that the question had been received. I was able to see my question by clicking on the URL in the e-mail, but not when I opened the KudoZ page. On that page I only see questions up to Sept. 5. I'm pretty sure no one else is seeing my question, either, because it's been many hours and no one has answered, which is quite unusual.

Teresa Bento
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Exactly Sep 14, 2006

Amy Duncan wrote:

Today I posted a question. I got an e-mail reply confirming that the question had been received. I was able to see my question by clicking on the URL in the e-mail, but not when I opened the KudoZ page. On that page I only see questions up to Sept. 5. I'm pretty sure no one else is seeing my question, either, because it's been many hours and no one has answered, which is quite unusual.

That's exactly what happens with me, except for the "no reply" thing. Let's wait and see if you get any replies... I hope so, at least it would be a sign that we both have the same problem. Good luck!

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 03:26
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Dear Amy Sep 15, 2006

The problem with your question http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1546694 was that you have asked it in the Norwegian > English pair: the language pair has been changed by one of the members, please take a look at the notification in the bottom part of the page).

I suggest closing the question and reposting it in the correct language pair (I'm not sure notifications are sent when the language pair i
... See more
The problem with your question http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1546694 was that you have asked it in the Norwegian > English pair: the language pair has been changed by one of the members, please take a look at the notification in the bottom part of the page).

I suggest closing the question and reposting it in the correct language pair (I'm not sure notifications are sent when the language pair is being changed).
Collapse

Teresa Bento
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have figured it out! Sep 15, 2006

It was all my fault. You see, when I asked the most recent questions, I selected the non-pro option. My settings didn't allow me to see non-pro questions, just pro. It's one of those things you do when you're "with your cruise control on" and then you forget about it and start wondering why things vanish from your sight...

Thanks for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I only see old questions

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »