Lubain Masum
Lubain Masum  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:56
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
Oct 29, 2006

Just day before yesterday, a native Bengali speaker as well as professional translator put a question as non-pro. I answered to the question and requested the asker to reconsider whether it should be marked as pro. She mailed to me that she marked the question non-pro unintentionally.

Now my question is whether she can change the question as pro and if so, how?

Regards and thanks in advance!

Here is the link
... See more
Just day before yesterday, a native Bengali speaker as well as professional translator put a question as non-pro. I answered to the question and requested the asker to reconsider whether it should be marked as pro. She mailed to me that she marked the question non-pro unintentionally.

Now my question is whether she can change the question as pro and if so, how?

Regards and thanks in advance!

Here is the link to the question:

http://www.proz.com/kudoz/1613126

[Edited at 2006-10-29 05:53]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-10-29 12:07]
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 12:56
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hello Lubain Oct 29, 2006

The best way would be to contact a moderator (or wait untill there will be three voters for reclassification).

I reclassified the question to the PRO category.

HTH,
Natalie

Lubain Masum
United States
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 29, 2006

Thank you very much Dear Natalie!

I am grateful to you!

Balasubramaniam L.
Balasubramaniam L.  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 16:26
Member (2006)
English to Hindi
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Another way Oct 30, 2006

Certain translators with pro kudoz points in excess of 500 can acquire the power to change non-pro to pro by making a special request to the site staff and passing a small test on site rules.

At least this was so till recently, don't know if the rule has now been altered. Moderators should be able to clarify.

So if you have the required kudoz points (I am not sure it is actually 500, it could even be 50), you too can request and get this power.

[Edited at 2006-10
... See more
Certain translators with pro kudoz points in excess of 500 can acquire the power to change non-pro to pro by making a special request to the site staff and passing a small test on site rules.

At least this was so till recently, don't know if the rule has now been altered. Moderators should be able to clarify.

So if you have the required kudoz points (I am not sure it is actually 500, it could even be 50), you too can request and get this power.

[Edited at 2006-10-30 05:30]
Collapse

Lubain Masum
United States
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 30, 2006

Dear Balasubramaniam

Thank you for comment and suggestion.

Lubain

Ana SIERRA VINUESA
Ana SIERRA VINUESA
Spain
Local time: 12:56
English to Spanish
+ ...
Lucky you are¡ Nov 1, 2006

well it is not so important but now i read your forum i remember certains questions posted in my specialized field are non-pro even non related with the field, so i decided to contact one moderator as it has been suggested. Her answer -and i admitt i did not indicate her the detailed question- was: to vote for non-pro is the only way to "protest" and suggested me to talk about in one forum. So, i conclude you are very lucky¡¡ indeed, ProZ is very lucky so all this is to improve the web, isn´t... See more
well it is not so important but now i read your forum i remember certains questions posted in my specialized field are non-pro even non related with the field, so i decided to contact one moderator as it has been suggested. Her answer -and i admitt i did not indicate her the detailed question- was: to vote for non-pro is the only way to "protest" and suggested me to talk about in one forum. So, i conclude you are very lucky¡¡ indeed, ProZ is very lucky so all this is to improve the web, isn´t it?
ana.
Collapse

Lubain Masum
United States
Member (2006)
English to Bengali
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In deed I am lucky! Nov 1, 2006

In deed I am lucky in this case but credit must go to the moderator Natalie

Thank you 'anasv' for comment and again thanks to Natalie.

[Edited at 2006-11-01 16:21]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can non-pro questions be changed to pro? [Mod: Please contact moderator]

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »