Katherine Matles
Katherine Matles  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Dec 2, 2002

Good Morning

I downloaded the new Kudoz.net program but it doesn\'t work on my computer. Is it possible that its not compatible with XP or another program already installed on my computer?

The message I recieve is \"Kudoznet has encountered a problem and needs to close...\"

Thanks in advance for your help!

JCEC
JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:22
English to French
KudoZ.net forum Dec 2, 2002

You will find by reading the parallel thread that almost everybody seems to have the same problem

Henry should be at work soon.

John

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-12-02 17:33 ]

Bob Kerns (X)
Bob Kerns (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
No problem with XP Dec 2, 2002

I just downloaded the program (in less than a minute with DSL) and it works perfectly under Windows XP.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 03:22
Spanish
+ ...
XP Dec 2, 2002

I\'m having the same problem here. And I\'ve also got XP. It already installed but it won\'t run.

Nina Engberg
Nina Engberg  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:22
English to Swedish
+ ...
Working just fine with XP and Win98 2nd Edition Dec 3, 2002

I downloaded the program a few days ago on both of our computers, and they are operating just fine!

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
English to German
Installation problems Dec 3, 2002

Hello Tayfun,

when did you see this bug? If you saw it when you clicked on the installation file (that is, if the installation was not completed), you probably have a corrupted file. Either it was the download was not completed successfully, or it the file is broken for some other reason.

Best regards

Hermann

JCEC
JCEC  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:22
English to French
Situation unchanged ! Dec 5, 2002

I closed all applications, uninstalled version 1.01 and downlaoded version 1.02.

Installation worked fine. But, whenever I try loading the program, I get the meassge:

\"Kudoznet.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created\"

Where is the error log ?

John

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
Same here Dec 26, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-12-05 17:02, JCEC wrote:

I closed all applications, uninstalled version 1.01 and downlaoded version 1.02.

Installation worked fine. But, whenever I try loading the program, I get the meassge:

\"Kudoznet.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.

Where i... See more
Quote:

On 2002-12-05 17:02, JCEC wrote:

Where is the error log ?

John

We seem to be in the same boat here, John.

Kudoznet.exe simply doesn\'t work here and I must have tried just about everything.

Weird...

[addsig] ▲ Collapse

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Please download test program Dec 27, 2002

Hello,

that KudoZ.NET is not running on some computers can have many reasons. Unfortunately, up to now I was not able to reproduce the bug on the systems I tested KudoZ.NET on.

Therefore, I need to learn more about your systems. I have written a little program which checks several things on your computer. Please download the program \"CheckDLLs.exe\" at th
... See more
Hello,

that KudoZ.NET is not running on some computers can have many reasons. Unfortunately, up to now I was not able to reproduce the bug on the systems I tested KudoZ.NET on.

Therefore, I need to learn more about your systems. I have written a little program which checks several things on your computer. Please download the program \"CheckDLLs.exe\" at this location:

http://www.proz.com/xml/programs/download_kudoznet.htm

Please run it and send me the results by email (just copy and paste the results). (The program does not only check whether several DLLs exist. It does not change anything!)

I hope this will tell me more about the nature of the problem.

Hermann

[ This Message was edited by:on2002-12-27 11:50]
Collapse

Hermann Bruns
English to German
Please test the new version Jan 9, 2003

Hello,

since today a new version of KudoZ.NET is available (1.13). I would like to ask all who installed older versions of KudoZ.NET, but never saw it running, to install this version. There was positive feedback by several users who had installation problems before. Therefore, KudoZ.NET might now also run on your systems.

Hermann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bug: \'KudoZ.NET has encountered a problem and needs to close\'

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »