zkt
zkt  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 02:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jul 20, 2007

Hello,

I always wandered when a question was closed without grading what was the translator's choice. So, I want to ask the askers, especially those who close their answers without grading if they can post their decision in the asker note.

Martin Wenzel
Martin Wenzel
Germany
Local time: 01:38
English to German
+ ...
Fair enough... Jul 22, 2007

zkt, I think people have a right to know why their answer wasn't accepted...

I also find awarding the points can be difficult at times...

I find myself often in the situation where I combine the answers of two people and then have to decide who will get the points...

It seems unfair to the other answerer, who doesn't get points...

zkt
zkt  Identity Verified
Lebanon
Local time: 02:38
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Split the points Jul 22, 2007

So, why there can't be a way of spilitting the points between two answerers, for such situations, then in the glossary we can put the combined solution (if possible).
I happened to me also more than once to combine the answers of two persons, I gave the points to the answer with the references.

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:38
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Points can't be split Jul 23, 2007

The idea of splitting KudoZ has been discussed before, evaluated and discarded because it was felt that the complexity it would introduce into KudoZ would outweigh any potential benefit.

Askers should pick the answer they found most useful. If two or more answers were equally useful then the one arriving first could be chosen.

Regards,
Enrique

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On closing without grading

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »