Trouble installing on Win2k
Thread poster: Amy Taylor
Amy Taylor
Amy Taylor  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:21
Italian to English
Jan 28, 2003

I\'ve saved the .exe to a folder named KudoZ under Program Files, but double clicking it only opens a DOS-like window for a moment, and then nothing happens. (Note: this \"dos-like\" window opens in Windows.) Any ideas?

Running Win2K, McAfee, Zone Alarm.

Amy Taylor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Other Win2K users? Feb 6, 2003

Considering that my first post has been viewed 75 times but no replies have been posted, I am guessing that other users of Win2K Pro have not encountered problems installing KudoZ. Can anyone using this OS confirm?

Hermann Bruns
Hermann Bruns  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:21
English to German
Please download KudoZ.NET again Feb 7, 2003

Hello Amy,

your error description is very typical for a download which was not completed successfully. Please download KudoZ.NET again (http://www.proz.com/kudoznet/download.htm).

Thanks

Hermann

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:21
English to German
+ ...
No problem Feb 7, 2003

I use Win2K Pro on several machines, and KudoZ.net runs without a hitch.

Amy Taylor
United States
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Have tried before; will reattempt using another browser Feb 7, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-07 08:10, bruns wrote:

Hello Amy,

your error description is very typical for a download which was not completed successfully. Please download KudoZ.NET again (http://www.proz.com/kudoznet/download.htm).

Thanks

Hermann

... See more
Quote:

On 2003-02-07 08:10, bruns wrote:

Hello Amy,

Thanks

Hermann

Thanks. I\'ve downloaded it about three times; perhaps the overwrite isn\'t working so I\'ll use a different browser and save to another location this time - unless you have other suggestions?

Amy ▲ Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trouble installing on Win2k

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »