keeping track of KudoZ messages not sent??
Thread poster: Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Aug 23, 2007

I just found a question in my KudoZ pair for which I never got a notification (KudoZ alert). The asker had not indicated that it was directed to a particular subset of answerers, and I'm not filtering the asker.

I noticed an "information" box, and clicking it, I got a pop-up window that said "You were not sent a notification for this question." Then it said that if I HAD been sent such a notification, the time would be listed in the window; and if I didn't get the notification to s
... See more
I just found a question in my KudoZ pair for which I never got a notification (KudoZ alert). The asker had not indicated that it was directed to a particular subset of answerers, and I'm not filtering the asker.

I noticed an "information" box, and clicking it, I got a pop-up window that said "You were not sent a notification for this question." Then it said that if I HAD been sent such a notification, the time would be listed in the window; and if I didn't get the notification to submit a support ticket.

But there was no time listed, and no, I hadn't gotten the alert. And why would I get a note on the question page saying I hadn't gotten the alert, if it had indeed been sent?

In other words, what is the point of this pop-up box? (Clear as mud to me!)

And could someone tell me --

why I didn't get the Kudoz alert message? and

what the purpose is of keeping track of messages NOT sent? (Shouldn't we all get all the alerts that we've signed up for?)

Thanks!
Collapse

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:00
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Clear as mud indeed - recommend support ticket Aug 23, 2007

Hi Patricia,

Off the top of my head, I am not aware of a solution to your problem - so it seems a support ticket to be sent to staff would be a good way to clear up things -> http://proz.com/support

Steffen

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
support ticket filed ;-) Aug 23, 2007

Thank you, Steffen. I did just as you suggested. I only hope the "Clear as mud indeed" wasn't referring to my post. LOL !!

Steffen Walter
Steffen Walter  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:00
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
No worries ;-) Aug 24, 2007

Patricia Rosas wrote:
I only hope the "Clear as mud indeed" wasn't referring to my post. LOL !!

Not at all, Patricia - I meant the situation not your post
I hope that your issue will be resolved quickly.

Steffen

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

keeping track of KudoZ messages not sent??

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »