New KudoZ list page: can we have the white background back...? (Staff: \'fixed\')
Thread poster: Kay Fisher
Kay Fisher
German to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2003

I don\'t know about anyone else but I find it disconcerting to read red lettering on a green background. I\'m not colour blind (and I checked it using visicheck, and the colours are vicible to colour blind people) but the colours make my eyes hurt and I find it more difficult to read.

What does everyone else think?

If you don\'t know what I\'m talking about, the Kudoz questions now come up against a snotty green background... go take a look.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill here?

Kay

Direct link Reply with quote

John Bowden  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:57
German to English
I agree Feb 11, 2003

And I also now can\'t work out how to select questions in language pairs other than the main pair that automatically appears, apart from selecting the \"All Pairs\" option - or am I being dense?

John Bowden  Identity Verified
German to English
Ah, sorry, spoke too soon... Feb 11, 2003

you click on \"Search\" and can then select language pairs as usual - so I was being dense!

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Yes. Please bring it back! Feb 11, 2003

I\'m neither here nor there really, but I have to say that the previous design was much kinder on the eyes...!

And Kay\'s quite right - what a nightmare for the colour blind!

A

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:57
SITE FOUNDER
How is this... Feb 11, 2003

How about now? I have tried to boost visibility without going to a white background (which many people described as harsh when we tried it in the forums.)

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
Much better. Feb 11, 2003

Thanks, the yellow is much better.

A

(I\'ve been a guest member since the beginning of December...but I\'m still a \"New Member\"...??)

Kay Fisher
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Henry Feb 11, 2003

Much better now! No harsh white and no headache-inducing green/red combination.

Perfect.

Kay Fisher
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
forgot to add... Feb 11, 2003

it\'s also a great idea to have the search function and old questions/answers on the same page. Very useful. Thanks for that too.

Kay

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Check box Feb 11, 2003

Maybe I am being stupid, but I cannot work out what the check box is for.

Also, why is the yellow Smiley still shown at the bottom of the page as meaning \"Answered and graded\", when this symbol has not been used for this purpose for a long time?

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 00:57
SITE FOUNDER
The checkbox is for 'batch bouncing' Feb 12, 2003

When a member has used KudoZ long enough to amass 100 points, it is assumed that member has developed a sense of what classifies as an \'easy\' or a \'pro\' question.

The checkboxes are for selecting groups of questions to mark \'pro\' or \'easy\' at once. Just check the questions you want to move, and then click \'make pro\' or \'make easy\', above or below.

It is common for people to ask \'pro\'-level questions and mark them easy (partially because people who are not registered are only able to mark their questions \'easy\'). This function gives us a way to correct for that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New KudoZ list page: can we have the white background back...? (Staff: \'fixed\')

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search