Thread poster: Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:49
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Oct 1, 2007

Although I translate officially only from Portuguese to English, I am interested in checking out other language pairs from time to time. So far the only way I seem to do anything similar to this is by clicking on "all pairs," which really isn't what I want. Also, when I click on "all pairs," the list is very short and there seems to be no way to look at the rest of it.

What I really want to know is how to change my language pair temporarily so that I can check out what's happening w
... See more
Although I translate officially only from Portuguese to English, I am interested in checking out other language pairs from time to time. So far the only way I seem to do anything similar to this is by clicking on "all pairs," which really isn't what I want. Also, when I click on "all pairs," the list is very short and there seems to be no way to look at the rest of it.

What I really want to know is how to change my language pair temporarily so that I can check out what's happening with other pairs. I looked around on the site, but couldn't find the answer. Can anyone help?

Amy
Collapse

Özden Arıkan
Özden Arıkan  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:49
English to Turkish
+ ...
Add languages of interest in your profile Oct 1, 2007

Hi Amy,

You don't need to add pairs temporarily. You can follow the Kudoz in as many languages as you want by adding them as an interest language (as opposed to working language) in your profile. To do this, go to your profile and click the "Edit languages" link right under the small box that shows your "Working languages" (upper left, under your picture). In the new page that opens, you can add whatever language you want and set it accordingly choosing "Hide from profile / Show in
... See more
Hi Amy,

You don't need to add pairs temporarily. You can follow the Kudoz in as many languages as you want by adding them as an interest language (as opposed to working language) in your profile. To do this, go to your profile and click the "Edit languages" link right under the small box that shows your "Working languages" (upper left, under your picture). In the new page that opens, you can add whatever language you want and set it accordingly choosing "Hide from profile / Show in profile" to the right.

Note that interest languages you added will be visible only to you and you'll see the Kudoz questions in those pairs once you click the Kudoz page.

Hope this helps...

Özden
Collapse

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:49
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 1, 2007

Thanks, Özden - it worked perfectly!

Amy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I change my language pair?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »