What does a red cross in a red circle next to someone's name mean?
Thread poster: Astrid Elke Witte

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:49
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
Feb 8, 2008

I was looking through the list of Kudoz questions and, next to one asker's name in the list, there was a red cross in a red circle each time. This is new to me. What is the significance of this?

Astrid

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:49
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
Incomplete profile? Feb 8, 2008

Hi Astrid,

Just a guess but I noticed a red cross in a circle next to my name today and when I went into my profile and added my rates - apparently the last outstanding section - the red cross changed to a green tick. So I m guessing it's: complete vs. incomplete profile. But maybe someone else can enlighten us and confirm.icon_smile.gif

Amy Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:49
Italian to English
+ ...
"blacklisted"? Feb 8, 2008

I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list. Have you added names to "My lists"? I added a non-user/non-logged-in visitor once to my "out list" and now every non-logged-in visitor comes up with a cross by their name in KudoZ.

Just an idea, though - my terminology may be wrong and it could be something completely different!

Have a good weekend all,
Amy

EDIT: In the KudoZ Dashboard I see I have "Non-ProZ.com" listed with other names under "Colleagues to Filter".

[Edited at 2008-02-08 17:49]

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A.  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 23:49
Member (2006)
German to English
+ ...
oops Feb 8, 2008

Amy Williams wrote:

I think it means the user/member is on your "ignore" list (the opposite of your "flag up" list). AFAIK you can choose to view questions from "ignored" members/users in the KudoZ list.

[Edited at 2008-02-08 17:35]

Oops, then I was looking at a different red cross, please ignore my reply Astrid.

Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:49
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Incomplete profile marker is visible only to the profile owner Feb 8, 2008

Nicole Y. Adams, M.A. wrote:

Just a guess but I noticed a red cross in a circle next to my name today and when I went into my profile and added my rates - apparently the last outstanding section - the red cross changed to a green tick. So I m guessing it's: complete vs. incomplete profile. But maybe someone else can enlighten us and confirm.icon_smile.gif

Hi Nicole,

The "incomplete profile" marker should be visible only to the profile owner. On the other hand the green "tick" indicator of a complete profile is displayed in the profile and can be shown to visitors.

Regards,
Enrique

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:49
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, the person was being filtered Feb 8, 2008

Thanks, Amy! I discovered I have a very short list of names that I am filtering, that I created a long time ago and have meanwhile forgotten about. I have never seen the symbol before since the list is very short.

And thanks for having a go at answering, Nicole!

Astrid

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What does a red cross in a red circle next to someone's name mean?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search