ProZ.com On-line training sessions.
Thread poster: xxxLeonardo Fus
xxxLeonardo Fus  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 8, 2008

Dear Community,

A long-standing request from members has been answered. ProZ.com has released its first online training sessions.

The training sessions are provided on a one-on-one basis, using Skype, MSN or a standard telephone. Dates and times are agreed upon between the lecturer and the student.

This time we are offering separate SDL TRADOS packages in beginner, intermediate, advanced and Multiterm modules separately.

We have also scheduled an “Introduction to Bankruptcy Terminology” session, where those interested in getting an insight into bankruptcy translation will find a course full of useful information.

For more information and registration, please check here

If you are interested in joining our training sessions program as a trainer, and share your expertise with the community, please contact Leonardo at promotion@proz.com

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com

Direct link Reply with quote

Madeleine MacRae Klintebo  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:31
Swedish to English
+ ...
How about setting up webinars instead Apr 8, 2008

That way you could accommodate a larger number of participants for each tutorial (and bring the price down considerably). AFAIK there are a number of applications you can use, but I only know of one (email me if you want the name as I don't want to "promote" any particular company in the forums).

----------

Just noticed the posting about SDL Trados introducing free webinars. But I think my suggestion is still valid for other subjects.

[Edited at 2008-04-08 19:05]

Laura Garcia Mesa  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Great idea! Apr 9, 2008

I think that the on line option (one to one) is great! And madelaine's Idea is even better!!
Laura
Madeleine MacRae Klintebo wrote:

That way you could accommodate a larger number of participants for each tutorial (and bring the price down considerably). AFAIK there are a number of applications you can use, but I only know of one (email me if you want the name as I don't want to "promote" any particular company in the forums).

----------

Just noticed the posting about SDL Trados introducing free webinars. But I think my suggestion is still valid for other subjects.

[Edited at 2008-04-08 19:05]

Zamira*****  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:31
Member (2006)
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Free SDL Trados webinar turned out a useless waste of time Apr 9, 2008

Just noticed the posting about SDL Trados introducing free webinars.

I signed up for one in the past and all I had was a blank screen with nothing happening. I have ignored all the webinar announcements since then.

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 18:31
English to Dutch
+ ...
I like webinars Apr 9, 2008

Zamira wrote:

Just noticed the posting about SDL Trados introducing free webinars.

I signed up for one in the past and all I had was a blank screen with nothing happening. I have ignored all the webinar announcements since then.

I've 'attended' three webinars so far and enjoyed them. No technical problems whatsoever.

Carla Guerreiro  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:31
French to Portuguese
+ ...
Other CAT Tools Apr 15, 2008

How about online training sessions for other CAT tools, like Wordfast, Memo Q, Omega T and others?

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Oher CAT tools Apr 15, 2008

Hi

Yes, of course..we just released TRADOS sessions as that was the most required topic, but we will try to cover them all.

Keep an eye on the trainings page for announcements.

http://www.proz.com/?sp=trainings

Regards,

Leo

fantasie
Local time: 00:31
English
+ ...
Joining the training session Apr 15, 2008

Hi Leonardo,

I'm interested in joining TRADOS On-line-English training. Please tell me more about it, thanks.

Michelle

Leonardo Fusero wrote:

Dear Community,

A long-standing request from members has been answered. ProZ.com has released its first online training sessions.

The training sessions are provided on a one-on-one basis, using Skype, MSN or a standard telephone. Dates and times are agreed upon between the lecturer and the student.

This time we are offering separate SDL TRADOS packages in beginner, intermediate, advanced and Multiterm modules separately.

We have also scheduled an “Introduction to Bankruptcy Terminology” session, where those interested in getting an insight into bankruptcy translation will find a course full of useful information.

For more information and registration, please check

TRADOS On-line – Spanish
TRADOS On-line – English
TRADOS On-line – Italian
TRADOS On-line – French

Introduction to Bankruptcy Terminology

If you are interested in joining our training sessions program as a trainer, and share your expertise with the community, please contact Leonardo at promotion@proz.com

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
English on-line session Apr 15, 2008

HI fantasie,

The courses each consist of 3-hour modules, catering for users ranging from complete beginners to advanced level. The modules can be customised according to the needs of each student.

The modules are sold separately, each costing USD 250.

The training is provided on a one-to-one basis, using Skype, MSN or a standard telephone. Dates and times are agreed between the lecturer and the student.

Courses can be paid for using a credit card by selecting the ‘Buy Now’ option at the side of each module. Please visit here http://www.proz.com/training/697

You must be in possession of a full or demo version of SDL Trados. After your payment, the trainer will contact you to define a date and time.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Leo

Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 22:01
English to Hindi
+ ...
good ideas Apr 15, 2008

Training is always a good idea, whether one-on-one or webinar style.

Roomy

ghislandi  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:31
English to Italian
Webinar Apr 24, 2008

Hello,
I work for SDL Trados.

We have been organizing free webinars for almost a year and over 10,000 people attended these events.

Unfortunately there are times when there could be technical difficulties but the majority of people are able to have a good experience. We rely on Webex technology which is one of the major suppliers of online conferencing and support Voice over IP in order to provide the user with a completely free of charge experience.

If you would like to find out all the sessions we are running, please visit
http://www.translationzone.com/en/news/events/

We cover a wide range of topics, but try to keep every month a beginners webinar on SDL Trados.

Hope this helps!

Regards
Massi

Luisa Notni  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
bankruptcy terminology Apr 25, 2008

I´ve been trying to pay for this trainning sesion but I have not been able to do so. Can you help me
Thanks Luisa

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Link Apr 27, 2008

Hi Luisa,

Thanks!

Please use this link.

http://www.proz.com/training/688

You will see "Buy a seat in this training" at the right. Please click there to purchase your session.

If you have any question please write me to leonardo@proz.com

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com

Luisa Notni  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:31
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bankruptcy trainning May 2, 2008

Hello its me again, you will have to walk me through all the process, because I'm not able to pay for the bankruptcy trainning. Do I need to be a pay member to do this?
Thanks
Luisa

English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Link May 5, 2008

Hi Luisa,

Please log in and use this link.

http://www.proz.com/store/883

Let me know it it worked.

Regards,

Leonardo Fusero
ProZ.com

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ.com On-line training sessions.

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search