Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:33
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sep 28, 2011

Hi all,

Anyone living or simply staying in Granada on Translators' Day?

The literary translators' association ACEtt and Grupo Tibonidas, backed by ASETRAD and APTIC, are holding:

29 Sept.: Multilingual reading of Romantic poets (Hölderlin, Keats and Pushkin) at 20:30 in Hotel Hospes Palacio de los Patos (Solarillo de Gracia, 1).

30 Sept.: "Alien versus Translator" - the reading of several automatic translations into other languages of a brief Spanish text at 20:00 in the Palacio de Santa Cruz of the Granada Centre of Modern Languages.

Announcement at: http://tibonidas.wordpress.com/2011/09/23/celebracion-del-dia-del-traductor-2011-en-granada/

Should anyone be going, I'm particularly interested in hearing a recap of the 30 September event

Pretty please?

Cecilia

Direct link Reply with quote

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me too Sep 28, 2011

Parrot wrote:
Should anyone be going, I'm particularly interested in hearing a recap of the 30 September event

Pretty please?

Cecilia

Should be a hoot. I still have a 20th century version of Systran which translates "piña" as "fragmentation grenade"...

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Piña Colada Sep 28, 2011

Strained Fragmentation Grenade

Sure you didn't get that from a military application?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Alien versus Translator"

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search