Off topic: Patent Parody
Thread poster: Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:11
Italian to German
Apr 24, 2002

For all those who, like myself, have to translate patents, those most boring and most nauseating of all texts, I looked for a patent parody - nothing in all the web! So I wrote one myself. I apologize for the four-letter words: my poor phantasy wrought forth nothing better. http://schmurr.tripod.com/martin/id11.html

Martin Schmurr
Martin Schmurr  Identity Verified
Italian to German
TOPIC STARTER
the link has changed Sep 9, 2009

it's now http://h1.ripway.com/schmurr/priv/patentparody.doc

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
Nice one! Sep 9, 2009

Good fun, thanks

Marie-Hélène (who would never, ever cross-section her own furred four-legged long-tailed low-noise low-bulk low-shit low-piss high-**** animals)

Paul Daubreu (X)
Paul Daubreu (X)
French to German
+ ...
Real claim possible ;) Sep 9, 2009

(...) four, support columns (56-59), each with five hooks (60-79) at the basis; (...)

With this part of your patent parody, you have at least the basis for a "real" patent claim....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Patent Parody

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »