International Translation Day '13 - What is translation to you?
Thread poster: Emeline Jamoul

Emeline Jamoul  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 19:44
English to French
+ ...
Sep 15, 2013

In order to celebrate International Translation Day, I had the idea of launching a big project. The aim is to eventually raise awareness about our profession and to take pride in it!
The main idea is to complete the following sentence: "Translation is...". By September 30, I will publish all the answers received on the blog (http://internationaltranslationday13.wordpress.com) so that we can all get a broader picture of this initiative.
From September 20 to September 30, there will also be interviews with translators. It should be a lot of fun!
Please feel free to share your participation here, on Twitter by using the hashtag #translationis or by contacting me by email (info@intouch-translations.com - please join personal details such as name, language combinations and location so that I can find you online).

Let's have a tremendous International Translation Day this year!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

International Translation Day '13 - What is translation to you?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search