https://www.proz.com/forum/language_industry_events_announcements/297634-first_friday_open_office_for_translators_in_b%C3%A8gles.html

First Friday: open office for translators in Bègles
Thread poster: Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:52
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 28, 2016

In the past years quite a few colleagues joined one or more translator meetings in the Théâtre le Levain in Bègles. On several occasions I mentioned that I planned to launch informal monthly meetings in an “open office” format. The time has now come.

On the first Friday of each month, the theater/conference room will be open for translators to come over and meet colleagues. You can bring your own translation projects and work on them (wifi is provided), or just discuss transl
... See more
In the past years quite a few colleagues joined one or more translator meetings in the Théâtre le Levain in Bègles. On several occasions I mentioned that I planned to launch informal monthly meetings in an “open office” format. The time has now come.

On the first Friday of each month, the theater/conference room will be open for translators to come over and meet colleagues. You can bring your own translation projects and work on them (wifi is provided), or just discuss translation-related issues with colleagues.

A year ago, we had a subtitling workshop where participants could work in small groups. Many of us appreciated the opportunity to brainstorm with others and to get to know some new tools. There will be plenty of occasions for both this year. I have quite a few ideas – translation slam, book presentations where readers can meet the translator, subtitling workshops open to the public, etc.. Please bring your own ideas that you wish to share with colleagues or with the public.

The first meeting will be in Friday February 5, from 1:30 PM. It will be open to established professionals, translators just starting out, translation scholars and students in translation studies alike. If you know colleagues or students who might be interested, please invite them.

From 7 PM, we’ll have an auberge espanol style buffet so that we can also enjoy good food from different parts of the world plus a glass or two of wine. If you feel like joining us only for the evening, that’s perfectly OK, too. Partners are warmly welcome as well.

Best,
Attila
Collapse

Mark Nathan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

First Friday: open office for translators in Bègles

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »