Call for speakers - ProZ.com/TV event for International Translation Day
Thread poster: Drew MacFadyen

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Aug 8

ProZ.com is preparing for the 2018 International Translation Day virtual event. The event is tentatively planned to span 3 days Sept 25-27th from 10:00 AM GMT to 18:00 GMT each day. Please take a look at & consider completing the call for speakers at - http://proz.me/2018CallForSpeakers Although I've listed topics of interest, I'm happy to receive proposals on any topic of your choosing. ProZ.com will provide compensation for all presenters/panelists.

We're looking for new/different content and more live panel/Q&A's.

The new event format allows a few different opportunities that we would like to leverage. Content selection criteria will take in to account sessions that leverage new presentation opportunities.

· Live multi-camera panel with live audience questions, including up and down voting, audience replies & live polling - https://wall2.sli.do/event/i0pachta?section_id=244105 This will be done by joining a GoToMeeting panel and this does require each web cam participant to have consistent stable internet with minimally 5 MBS upload speeds, a good USB headset or iPhone/earbuds, a good webcam, and a good environment that is properly lighted. Each panel participant will need to attend a dress rehearsal/test the week prior. If you would like to propose a panel, you would need to propose the topic/theme and then identify panelists/participants.

· Live single camera discussion/presentation with live audience interaction. Similar as above we can have live polling, Q&A & audience engagement to help shape the presentation. Presenters could even pose 2-3 topics and let the audience decide which they'd like to have the presenter discuss next.

· Pre-recorded video content followed by live audience Q&A engagement. The live audience Q&A should be via webcam, but telephone and even simple text/chat are available. Preference will be for those able to do Q&A via webcam September 26-28th. The pre-recorded video content can be produced by the presenter, or with my assistance. For presenters, this can be as simple as joining a 1 on 1 GoToMeeting presentation and presenting your session to me only. I will then record, edit, encode your presentation for broadcast.

· Pre-recorded video with no Q&A. Published at set times as "on-demand" viewing where there will be no broadcast and no Q&A, but the session/content will be available for audience members to watch.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,

Drew

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Call for speakers - ProZ.com/TV event for International Translation Day

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search