The Language Show, Olympia London (Nov. 4-6)
Thread poster: Deborah Shannon

Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:05
Member (2002)
German to English
Oct 14, 2005

The programme for this event looks fascinating (over 80 free talks and seminars for language teachers, learners and linguists) so if you're in or near London next month, it's worth a look.

You can sign up online for free tickets

Direct link Reply with quote

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:05
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
I have found it interesting Oct 14, 2005

Deborah Shannon wrote:

The programme for this event looks fascinating (over 80 free talks and seminars for language teachers, learners and linguists) so if you're in or near London next month, it's worth a look.

You can sign up online for free tickets

I've been to this event (but not to its seminars) in the past few years and I'll probably go again this year. It's mainly for language learners and teachers, but also of interest to translators. There will be language-related and culture-related books on display, and some will be for sale with a discount. Once, I asked for a discount (I think it was for one of the "culture shock" books) although the display didn't mention a discount. The seller said that as I had the check to ask, he would give me a 10% discount!

Oliver

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Language Show, Olympia London (Nov. 4-6)

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search